The website is for sale. Check here for more information.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Needing a bit of help.
First of all, thanks for this mod.  I need some help setting up a specific system in newpoints that I'm sure it can do, but I'm having issues with it.

I run a military-simulation group, and I utilize newpoints as "Promotion Points" where members are granted points manually each month based on participation at events and such.

Also, on a per usergroup basis, I want to automatically grant them 2 promotion points each every 15 days (1,296,000 seconds).  However, whenever I set this on each group it seems to go up exponentially every time I refresh a page or visit a page.

As an example, a new user should have 0 points.  If they participate in every event in the month they should end with 10 points (8 events/month + the 2 automatic points).....but for whatever reason instead of 10 points....many of them ended up with 5,000 points or so.

I reset everyone back to 0 and deleted all of my group settings and then set up 2 group settings to test with:

Group A (my group): Income rate of 1, Points to pay: 1, How often the group is paid: 120 seconds.
Group B (separate group): Income rate of 1, Points to pay: 1, How often group is paid: 120 seconds.

I load a thread and group A points do not go up, group B points go up by 1.  I refresh the page and group A does not go up and group B goes up by 1.  In can repeat this on each page refresh then and each separate page load that group B continues to go up.

Fixed the issue with a group not going up (user didn't have that group as their PRIMARY group).

Issue still exists where instead of applying x points every x seconds to a group, it will increment by 1 or more if the page is refreshed, or each page view

What am I doing wrong here?

Unfortunately you do not have sufficient rights to view replies in this thread. For full access, consider upgrading .