MyBB-Plugins Forums
[Plugin] Buy Format - Printable Version

+- MyBB-Plugins Forums (http://forums.mybb-plugins.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Forums (http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Forum-Archived-Forums)
+--- Forum: MyBB 1.6.x (http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Forum-MyBB-1-6-x)
+---- Forum: NewPoints (http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Forum-NewPoints)
+---- Thread: [Plugin] Buy Format (/Thread-Plugin-Buy-Format)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

[Plugin] Buy Format - Omar G. - 04-05-2012

This plugin will allow you to create format styles that your users can buy and use around the forum (see screen shots for more info).

Installation:
  1. Upload the content of the "Upload" folder to your forum ROOT.
  2. Activate the plugin from "ACP -> Newpoints -> Plugins" page
  3. Edit the plugin settings from "ACP -> Newpoints -> Settings" page
  4. Enjoy!

ScreenShots
[Image: scaled.php?server=196&filename=screensho...res=medium]
[Image: scaled.php?server=803&filename=screensho...res=medium]
[Image: scaled.php?server=833&filename=screensho...res=medium]

RE: [Plugin] Buy Format - davidedison - 04-05-2012

thanks! Great plugin! Big Grin

Edit: When I clicked on Install and activate it is showing that pluginlibrary is not installed even though I have it Sad

RE: [Plugin] Buy Format - Diogo Parrinha - 04-05-2012

Note that this will create excessive load on the server due to the amount of queries run (from a quick look: 1 per different username). If you're browsing the index page, it may go very high in case there are a lot of users online.

This is why I have never upgraded the User Appearance plugin I made. It requires a lot of core edits in order not to do more load (or at least noticeable load) on the server.

RE: [Plugin] Buy Format - davidedison - 04-06-2012

Ok! Thanks for informing! Big Grin Anyway nice idea sama.

RE: [Plugin] Buy Format - bzforum - 04-07-2012

"When I clicked on Install and activate it is showing that pluginlibrary is not installed even though I have it "
Same Issue......

RE: [Plugin] Buy Format - Omar G. - 04-07-2012

(04-05-2012, 05:10 PM)davidedison Wrote: thanks! Great plugin! Big Grin

Edit: When I clicked on Install and activate it is showing that pluginlibrary is not installed even though I have it Sad

(04-07-2012, 01:28 AM)bzforum Wrote: "When I clicked on Install and activate it is showing that pluginlibrary is not installed even though I have it "
Same Issue......

PluginLibrary 6 is needed. Will check anyways but please do check as well from your side.

(04-05-2012, 10:29 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Note that this will create excessive load on the server due to the amount of queries run (from a quick look: 1 per different username). If you're browsing the index page, it may go very high in case there are a lot of users online.

This is why I have never upgraded the User Appearance plugin I made. It requires a lot of core edits in order not to do more load (or at least noticeable load) on the server.

You are absolutely right.

I don´t recommend this plugin unless:
  • You want to use it for a spesific use (small rol forums?).
  • Your server is very strong.
  • You don´t care.

I used what I learned to make another plugin (no newpoints) and will make another for newpoints that will not make thise much of queries.

(04-06-2012, 04:35 PM)davidedison Wrote: Ok! Thanks for informing! Big Grin Anyway nice idea sama.

Thank you.

RE: [Plugin] Buy Format - iHydra - 03-27-2013

If there was only one type of username style, would it do any major harm for the server?

Thanks.

EDIT: I installed it and says "This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.9.7"

RE: [Plugin] Buy Format - Dissociation - 03-30-2013

(03-27-2013, 09:30 AM)iHydra Wrote: If there was only one type of username style, would it do any major harm for the server?

Thanks.

EDIT: I installed it and says "This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.9.7"

Edit: Change the compatibility to 1* and it works.

However, where does it show up for users to buy? Its not in the newpoints page.

RE: [Plugin] Buy Format - Omar G. - 03-30-2013

It should appear in the newpoints page. Are you sure it doesn't? Which page are you exactly checking?

(03-27-2013, 09:30 AM)iHydra Wrote: If there was only one type of username style, would it do any major harm for the server?

It wouldn't, sorry.

RE: [Plugin] Buy Format - Dissociation - 03-30-2013

(03-30-2013, 02:35 PM)Sama34 Wrote: It should appear in the newpoints page. Are you sure it doesn't? Which page are you exactly checking?

It wouldn't, sorry.

My newpoints page. It's in the folder for my newpoints plug ins and all that. It works and I've set a formatted name.

I see all my other ones, except that one. I must be doing something wrong. Lol