MyBB-Plugins Forums
MyDownloads 1.4 - Printable Version

+- MyBB-Plugins Forums (http://forums.mybb-plugins.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Forums (http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Forum-Archived-Forums)
+--- Forum: MyBB 1.4.x (http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Forum-MyBB-1-4-x)
+---- Forum: Paid Plugins (http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Forum-Paid-Plugins)
+---- Thread: MyDownloads 1.4 (/Thread-MyDownloads-1-4)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: MyDownloads 1.3 - shedrock - 03-21-2010

PM sent with details.

Thanks
Shedrock

RE: MyDownloads 1.4 - Diogo Parrinha - 03-22-2010

Updated to 1.4, it seems something has been changed by PayPal so now MyDownloads uses lib cURL instead of sockets. Check the first post to find out what changed and how you can upgrade

RE: MyDownloads 1.4 - shedrock - 03-22-2010

Ok, I updated it and my host does have that feature turned on. I will check to see if it works when someone else makes a purchase.

Thank you for the quick support.

Cheers!
Shedrock

RE: MyDownloads 1.4 - Diogo Parrinha - 03-22-2010

You can do a test purchase to piratanervo AT gmail DOT com for 0.03 or something just like I did when I tested it on your server. I've tested it on a live server with and without sandbox and worked perfectly

RE: MyDownloads 1.4 - shedrock - 03-22-2010

I actually have no idea how to do a test purchase with paypal, but I'll keep searching to find out how.

RE: MyDownloads 1.4 - Diogo Parrinha - 03-23-2010

(03-22-2010, 09:23 AM)shedrock Wrote: I actually have no idea how to do a test purchase with paypal, but I'll keep searching to find out how.
It's a real purchase but with a small amount of money.
Change the paypal email to the email I mentioned and then change the price of the item to 0.05 and then buy it. If it shows up as if you bought it (in the paypal logs in the ACP) then it's working. Don't forget to set it back to your email once you're done with testing

RE: MyDownloads 1.4 - Neeraj - 03-29-2010

(06-27-2009, 08:47 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Although everybody can see this section and its threads and posts, only gold subscribers can download attachments. Click here to subscribe.

MyDownloads is a powerful downloads manager for MyBB.

Main Features:
  • Administrators can create/edit/delete categories/downloads and manage new download submissions.
  • Supports PayPal - Your PayPal account must have IPN activated.
  • Each category has its own permissions (visible to certain user groups and only certain user groups can submit downloads in that category)
  • There's no limit for sub categories - it works the same way MyBB does I think.
  • Users can rate and comment downloads.
  • Ratings/Downloads/Comments are logged and administrators can view that log from the Admin panel.
  • Has compatibility with NewPoints - there's a setting you can turn on (make sure you have NewPoints installed) to bridge NP and MyDownloads. Users/Admins can then set a cost for each download and users must pay to download files (cost can be 0). The money paid by the users is given to the author of the download.
  • Each download can have a preview.
  • Twenty seven settings at your disposal - you can customize nearly everything.
and much much more..

Screenshots
[Image: mainy.th.png]

[Image: catv.th.png]

[Image: downloade.th.png]
(Viewing download)

[Image: catdownadmin.th.png]
(Categories and Downloads - Admin CP)

[Image: submit.th.png]
(Submitting download)

[Image: submissionadmin.th.png]
(View new submissions)

[Image: browsecat.th.png]

I couldn't take screenshots of everything because I'd spent around 10 minutes (or more) doing it and I must hurry up with another plugin.

Take a look at the readme before installing.

Upgrading
Upgrading from beta to RC1: run the file upgrade.php, re-upload files and clear your cache
Upgrading from RC1 to RC2: run the file upgrade_rc1_rc2.php and re-upload files
Upgrading from RC2 to RC3: re-upload files
Upgrading from RC3 to RC4: run the file upgrade_rc3_rc4.php and re-upload files
Upgrading from RC4 to RC5: run the file upgrade_rc4_rc5.php and re-upload files
Upgrading from RC5 to RC6: run the file upgrade_rc5_rc6.php and re-upload files
Upgrading from RC6 to 1.0: re-upload all files.
Upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1: re-upload all files.
Upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2: re-upload all files.
Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3: re-upload all files.
Upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4: run the upgrade file upgrade_13_14.php and re-upload all files.

(upgrade scripts must be run from your MyBB's installation root)

Changes
1.3 -> 1.4
  • Fixed a problem in the PayPal IPN, it seems PayPal has done some changes to the IPN system. It now uses cURL so make sure your host has it installed.
  • Changes MyPlaza Support to NewPoints.

1.2 -> 1.3
  • Fixed a very important bug in the PayPal feature.

1.1 -> 1.2
  • Fixed a bug that would display the same author name for each download.

1.0 -> 1.1
  • Fixed a bug that would not delete sub categories

RC6 -> 1.0 Stable
  • Fixed a few minor issues.

RC5 -> RC6
  • Fixed a few minor issues.
  • Recoded the display download template.

RC4 -> RC5
  • Added PayPal support so users can buy downloads with real money.
  • Fixed some minor issues.
  • Fixed a bug that would round MyPlaza Turbo points when editing a download.

RC3 -> RC4
  • Added a new setting called "Limit of characters in file names", whose description is: "When someone downloads a file, the name of the file will not be longer than the number of characters you insert here. Extensions do not count. (Leave 0 to use a generated file name using the user id and an md5 hash - no limit of characters)"
  • So when the limit of characters is greater than 0, it will remove some characters (\/:*?"<>|) from the download name (not the download file name but the download name!) and just use the number of characters set in settings.

RC2 -> RC3
  • Fixed a bug (introduced in RC2) that would pormpt the users to download mydownloads.php instead of the download file. This happened only with non-image files.
  • Increased security: a new name of the downloaded file is generated before the user is prompted to download it. This prevents the user from knowing the name of the file hosted in your server.

RC1 -> RC2
  • New setting: Auto approve downloads submitted by certain usergroups
  • New setting: Percentage of the cost the download author gets
  • Fixed a few minor bugs and a security risk (same as MyBB from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8 in attachments.php)
  • Replaced _blank with _self like Seeker requested

Thank you Smile

I've re-written the readme so take a look at it please if you want to know how you can use the PayPal feature.

great work

RE: MyDownloads 1.4 - habs - 04-01-2010

i've ever use it, but i remove it.. i don't really understand the advantages. Maybe if it has credit feature where people pay using their point to download, i'll use it..

btw, nice plugin Smile

RE: MyDownloads 1.4 - Diogo Parrinha - 04-01-2010

(04-01-2010, 10:09 PM)habs Wrote: i've ever use it, but i remove it.. i don't really understand the advantages. Maybe if it has credit feature where people pay using their point to download, i'll use it..

btw, nice plugin Smile

It has NewPoints compatibility and PayPal too. What don't you understand by the way?

RE: MyDownloads 1.4 - shedrock - 04-05-2010

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but is there a way or is there a mod that would do the following:

Lets say a user pays for a 1 year subscription using the IPN Plugin. Would it be possible to then have that user automatically switched to a group that can download files for the duration of the subscription via the Downloads plugin?

Hope I am making sense here.

Thanks
Shedrock