MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: MyBB Purge Spammer -change permadelete to softdelete?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey. It would be really useful to have option to choose, does "Purge Spammer" button permadelete every posts/threads made by the user or does it only softdelete those.
I used the Purge button earlier, but our moderators are humans and humans make mistakes. But if they purged a member by a mistake, we can't recover the member's threads & posts anymore because that Purge Spammer -button permadeletes everything.

I want to change only the threads/posts deleting option from permadelete to softdelete so we may restore member's threads if mistake were made. Currently i disabled that Purge Spammer button, but it really makes moderating job easier.

I spent time to google about if anyone other wanted to do the same change, but i couldn't find anything.
You can set a post limit for purge spammer IIRC. So if a user has over 5 posts for example, purge spammer won't be shown anymore.
Yes, i know that there is a such option, but you did not answer to the question (I was maybe unclear);

How can i change the Purge Spammer -button action to softdelete posts & threads instead of permadeleting those.
You'd have to look into the code and find the place where it deletes the posts/threads and see what's going on. If it uses the default MyBB moderation class to delete it, then you can easily change it to soft_delete by using the respective methods.

This forum is not for me to code things for people, it's to help them with coding problems they may have.
(06-11-2016, 10:01 PM)Diogo Parrinha Wrote: [ -> ]You'd have to look into the code and find the place where it deletes the posts/threads and see what's going on. If it uses the default MyBB moderation class to delete it, then you can easily change it to soft_delete by using the respective methods.

This forum is not for me to code things for people, it's to help them with coding problems they may have.

Thank you.
No, i don't ask you to code me anything, i just want to know where that part of code can be and how is it possible to change. Probably need to go trough all those files.
I found the place where the delete action is handled, its in moderation.php (http://i.imgur.com/t6TpJTw.png).

Thanks Smile!
This thread can be closed.
Yes, now you just need to replace by soft delete Smile