MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: I am such a newb. Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going crazy over this code.

This is my error message:

Quote:Warning [2] require_once(./global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 37 - File: inc/plugins/newpoints.php PHP 5.3.6 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/newpoints.php 37 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/newpoints.php 37 require_once
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 484 require_once
/admin/index.php 572 require

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5.3/share/pear') in /srv/disk3/1525063/www/astenarpg.com/inc/plugins/newpoints.php on line 37

Is it possible that my computer is not extracting things correctly? I have gone through my files again and again and everything is there. I even re-uploaded the files that contain the errors. I just cannot figure out what is going on.

Help?[/quote]
You must upload the files as they are in the Upload folder. You didn't upload to the right directories.
I am just really confused. In the folders that I downloaded, it says to put the newpoints.php file under inc >>>> plugins, but that is wrong? Where else am I supposed to put it?
If you read the Readme file, you will see that it tells you to upload the contents of the Upload folder to your forum root.
So, I would be making a second inc file on my root?

I really appreciate your help and I am so sorry for being such an idiot. I have only had experience with HTML and CSS, up until this point.

My biggest difficulty is that my host does not allow me to upload everything at once. I have to manually upload everything, eight files at a time.
- Upload/
--- inc/
------ plugins/
---------- newpoints.php
--- images/
--- admin/
--- newpoints.php

This is an example for two files (they have the same name but they are in different folders). Upload them as you see them inside the Upload folder. So Upload/newpoints.php would go to yourforum/newpoints.php and Upload/inc/plugins/newpoints.php would go to yourforum/inc/plugins/newpoints.php
(03-25-2014, 11:21 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]- Upload/
--- inc/
------ plugins/
---------- newpoints.php
--- images/
--- admin/
--- newpoints.php

This is an example for two files (they have the same name but they are in different folders). Upload them as you see them inside the Upload folder. So Upload/newpoints.php would go to yourforum/newpoints.php and Upload/inc/plugins/newpoints.php would go to yourforum/inc/plugins/newpoints.php

/admin/index.php is here:

Image 1

/admin/modules/config/plugins.php is here:

Image 2

/inc/plugins/newpoints.php is here:

Image 3

I am still getting the same errors, even though they are in the right spots.
You uploaded Upload/newpoints.php to yourforum/inc/plugins/newpoints.php instead of yourforum/newpoints.php
Upload/inc/plugins/newpoints.php must go to yourforum.com/inc/plugins/newpoints.php
(03-26-2014, 04:13 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]You uploaded Upload/newpoints.php to yourforum/inc/plugins/newpoints.php instead of yourforum/newpoints.php
Upload/inc/plugins/newpoints.php must go to yourforum.com/inc/plugins/newpoints.php

But I do have a newpoints.php on my forum root:

I put the file containing my download right alongside my File Manager on my hosted site and, yet again, went step by step through the entire thing. Everything is there. I just do not understand why it is not working.
The one you put in /inc/plugins is the one found in Upload/newpoints.php and that is not right! You must upload Upload/inc/plugins/newpoints.php to yourforum/inc/plugins/newpoints.php