MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Question: How to edit Newpoints "Home" description?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Thanks so much for this plugin!

I'd like to edit the "Home" page on the newpoints.php file. I'm talking about this:

http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/newpoints.php

I see the default description has been edited on this forum but I can't figure out how to do it on my own. I'd like to get rid of "NewPoints is a complex points system for MyBB software. As you can see, there are various options on the menu on the left that you can use." I'd also like to get rid of the "How do you earn Newpoints?" table and substitute my own description.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to edit this. I thought it would be as simple as editing newpoints.php but apparently not? If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it!
Just edit the 'newpoints' template, simple as that.
(07-07-2012, 08:02 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Just edit the 'newpoints' template, simple as that.

Thanks for your reply. I don't see any 'NewPoints' template. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I do see - am I looking in the wrong place?

I found the text I want to edit in:
inc/languages/english/newpoints.lang

Every time I try to edit it (even so much as changing one letter), it creates errors when I reload newpoints.php
It's the 'newpoints_home' sorry Tongue

And to edit language files, use Notepad++.
Thanks, I have it the way I want now. Editing with Notepad instead of Word did the trick. Smile
Great! This is what I was actually looking for. Thanks for this OP & Pirata
This was exactly what I was looking for, thanks!