MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Few Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*This is in the wrong forum, sorry

I though of an idea, its straight forward...

I need to have a button, and when a user press the button they earn "X" amount of points. The button can only be pressed once a day. I am planning on coding it myself (A good way to learn)

I just need help with the overlook of the process.

I need to add a column on every user that holds a value "1" or "2". 1 meaning that they haven't clicked the button, 2 meaning they have. I was thinking to simply revert that column value to "1" once a day for every user. With a forum of 1-10,000 users, how inefficient will this be? Any better way of doing this? (Can't be too complicated being that I am learning)

* I will be testing this on a separate forum, so trial and error isn't a problem.
* I know intermediate php and sql

Thanks
Just add a new column for the last time they hit the button. Simple as that. If the value minus current time (MyBB's TIME_NOW macro) is bigger than 24*60*60 then they've waited enough and they can hit the button if they want to. Then give the points and update the field with the new time.
(06-13-2012, 07:45 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Just add a new column for the last time they hit the button. Simple as that. If the value minus current time (MyBB's TIME_NOW macro) is bigger than 24*60*60 then they've waited enough and they can hit the button if they want to. Then give the points and update the field with the new time.

Exactly why I made this thread, would have never of though of that.

Thanks