MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Newpoints Plugins Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Im coding to learn and I would like to know, what features would you like to see as plugins in Newpoints?

Please, dont write about modifications/extensions to current existing plugins, just new ones.

NOTE: This doesnt mean I will code them.
a Rpg Battle system, something that would make forum user interaction lol
idk
Glas that takes ages to write, you don't seem to understand that...
I know that Nervo, but i don't lose anything by asking.
Although im a newbie coder (very newbie) i could even give some hours daily to help on it, but nevermind

Il think about some simple ideas for newpoints and will post them here
I would like simple ideas, currently I´m coding some kind of formated styles shop, almost done (although) and have another kind of shop for something similar.

But a RPG of any kind sounds hard :/

@Pirata Nervo, sorry for no asking for permission for this kind of threads.
You're free to make whatever threads you want, don't worry Smile
Some ideas:

Newpoints Tweaks:

- The ACP plugin navigation is messy, the horizontal tabs look click-able, but they arent. It would be more intuitive if we could fix that in whatever way is best.
- Some of the menus could use some cleaning up and some of the links aren't quite that intuitive. Nit-picky issues, really.

Newpoints Shop Tweaks:

- A way to manually add items to a user's inventory.
- [CHECK] A way to manually delete items from a user's inventory (Thanks Sama34!)
- "Encountering" random shop items as one browses the forum (HARD)
- Items that can contain other items (MED), like a backpack
- Items that run a script or effect when "used" (VERY HARD)
- Items that have an set-n-forget availablity & nonavailablity dates (consider a St Patrics day 'clover'), or appear randomly in the shop with setable probabilities (eg, rare, common, etc) and setable # of hours of availability per appearance (HARD)
- "My Inventory" button in the Newpoints interface (EASY <- working on this)
- Displaying the amount of points a user has in the My Inventory section

Lottery Tweaks:

- Ability to add an option that the lottery costs an item instead or in addition to points (EASY)
- Ability for the lottery to give out random items (HARD)

Customizable Stat System: (HARD)
This is aimed towards a roleplay system but isn't quite that

- Stats that one can name with default values
- Stats that have "levels" with "exp" needed for each gain
- Forum actions that have properties on stats
- Items that have properties on such stats
- Items that affect stats

Questing System...

Battle System ...
(04-12-2012, 05:11 AM)xexes255 Wrote: [ -> ]Some ideas:

Newpoints Tweaks:

- The ACP plugin navigation is messy, the horizontal tabs look click-able, but they arent. It would be more intuitive if we could fix that in whatever way is best.
- Some of the menus could use some cleaning up and some of the links aren't quite that intuitive. Nit-picky issues, really.

Doesn't make much sense to me to be honest. What's not clickable and what's messy?
Most of what you described in the rest of your post are basically requests, not tweaks to the existing plugins.
Some of the horizontal tabs aren't applicable for each context they are seen in and they give an error when you click on them. For example, if you just arrived at the Groups setting, and you click Edit, you get a warning/error.

[Image: screenfiv.jpg]

This is not a big deal at all, it's just a little startling to see them when you click the tabs. An alternate solution might be to allow the user to click said tab out of context and be taken to a screen to select what they want to apply the action to. For example, you could allow them to click Edit when they first get to the Groups section and doing so takes them to a screen to select which group they want to edit.

Again, not a big deal.
Those tabs are there so when you edit something you don't think they appear from nowhere. It was a choice I took. I guess me and you are right, none totally right though. I don't find it a big deal though.
Pages: 1 2