MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: [Plugin] Bump Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(04-01-2012, 02:09 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2012, 01:20 PM)mbpc9999 Wrote: [ -> ]The Bump Thread plugin does not bump a thread when a forum section Default View Options is set to Default Sort by: Thread creation time.

Which is the setting that needs to be used if you don't want users replies bumping the threads.

Will you be fixing this?

There is noting to fix as sorting threads by creation time is not the same as sorting them by lastpostbump time.

Maybe I can add some sorting feature but right I will not.

You 're right... some sorting feature need to be added. Maybe thread creation time should be taken as last bump time for each thread... then the threads should be sorted by last bump time.

not working on my forums

help me .......

it doest happen ..... anything

Button shows but when i click on it .... just open same page like refresh do.
Can someone enlighten me?

is this plugin can allow my members to set how
many times they want to bump their threads per day automatically?
and automatically deduct their points?
No, that is no possible.
I was just looking at the code and it seems more complicated than it needed to be.

Why do you replace lastpost with lastpostbump when you could just update lastpost instead of lastpostbump?

Also, there's an SQL injection vulnerability here:
PHP Code:
$array['bumps_groups'] = $mybb->input['bumps_groups']; 

Although it's not very dangerous because it requires admin access, it should be fixed asap.
If I update 'lastpost' instead of inserting my own column then the date for when the last post was made will be inaccurate/incorrect wherever it is show.

I will fix that in next version, thanks.
(09-16-2012, 09:21 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]If I update 'lastpost' instead of inserting my own column then the date for when the last post was made will be inaccurate/incorrect wherever it is show.

I will fix that in next version, thanks.

I'm not sure if I'm following you. You're using your own column to have a "custom lastpost timestamp" instead of the original one. If you just change the original one, then it's the same thing as trying to fake it.
If I change the original one, then when people visit the thread list, the last post dates will be incorrect. No saying your way is wrong, or that mine is better, but I do prefer to keep the thread last post date intact because of that detail.

That piece of code was conserved from Zinga Burga's plugin, I presume he did it that way because of a similar reason.
Ah yes I understood what you mean. Well yeah I guess it's just a matter of choosing what the plugin should behave like Tongue
his plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.9.5
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7