MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Auto redeem points when viewing attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did try to find something that would do this but was unable to find anything...

What I would like to do is charge users points anytime an attachment is viewed (Photos with Lightbox module).

The users should be able to see the thread and thumbs but as they navigate through the full size photos X number of points should be removed from their account.

If user does not have enough points - a message telling them that they are out of points should be displayed.

Is there a plugin or easy hack to accomplish this?
I don't think one exists.
I think my previous post got killed Sad ?

Is there a simple way of implementing code into maybe the attachment file to charge x number of points? I don't need to track if the attachment has been previously looked at or not, and i could hardcode the amount of points used right in that code... What would be nice is if the user is out of points that a msg or specific image is displayed. I am using Shadowbox.js so I think redirection of the dl link to a specific file would work best...

Please and thank you Smile
We moved servers, sorry!

No, definitely not possible. Plus paying to view is something that can be quickly exploited to generate huge amounts of points.
Sorry I think I didn't explain what I was trying to do well enough, I am no talking about giving the members points for opening attachments but I am talking about removing (taking away) from their points... That is if they want to see more attachments then they'll have to post more or interact more.

(12-31-2011, 09:34 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]We moved servers, sorry!

No, definitely not possible. Plus paying to view is something that can be quickly exploited to generate huge amounts of points.

Ah no I haven't made a plugin for that yet
I know Smile hehe

Would there be a quick hack to get so done? I could really use it Big Grin

(01-01-2012, 09:40 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Ah no I haven't made a plugin for that yet

No, as I said that is not possible to do.