MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Possible to link a forum account to Newpoints?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Smile

First off, I'd just like to sincerely thank you for this great plugin that was desperately needed for MyBB (as well as keeping it free Tongue).

I just have a few questions regarding Newpoints:

1. Is it possible to 'link' a forum account to, say, the Bank plugin? This would mean, for instance, that if someone deposits, say, $100 into the bank, this money appears in this particular forum account.

2. Is it possible to do the same with the 'Shop' plugin?

3. For the lottery plugin, is it possible to modify it so that there is not necessarily a winner of the lottery every time? I.e. On some draws, there would be no winner of the lottery.

Thanks in advance Smile
1. I'm not quite sure if I understand that, user accounts are always "linked" with their bank "account".
2. See #1.
3. Everything's possible but I'm not going to spend my time doing it.
1. I meant could one specific account be linked to the Bank plugin, so that monetary transactions in the bank appear in that account? For instance, say that I want to withdraw $150 from the bank. When I go to the Bank plugin page and put the withdrawing amount in the field, that money is withdrawn from that specific account.

3. I'm not asking you to do it - just asking if it possible.

In that case, are there any pointers you could give me so that I can have a go at it myself?

Thanks Smile
1. Isn't that what it does already? When you withdraw money, it goes into your account. Am I missing something here? Tongue

And as for the pointers, you need to modify the process of choosing a winner.
Search for:
PHP Code:
// Find a winner! 
(12-27-2011, 10:02 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]1. Isn't that what it does already? When you withdraw money, it goes into your account. Am I missing something here? Tongue

Yes I think so Tongue It's rather difficult to explain.

Say I want to deposit some money into the Bank. I go to the Newpoints Bank page and deposit the money. Currently, the money sort of 'disappears' into thin air. What I want to change is that when you deposit the money into the bank, it goes into a specially created forum account instead.

Quote:And as for the pointers, you need to modify the process of choosing a winner.
Search for:
PHP Code:
// Find a winner! 
Ok great thanks Smile

Ah no, that's not possible. It's in the bank account of that user only.
Hmmm ok. What about any of the other plugins?
What do you mean?