MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Massive SQL issues with Newpoints and can't uninstall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a huge issue with Newpoints. version 1.9.2
It started when I found an error in the banking system and deactivated the bank plugin and then reactivated it.

When I tried to activate the plugin, it showed it as uninstalled and when I tried to activate and install the bank, I got this:

Quote:An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I followed instructions in this thread:
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Re...7#pid48537

It only messed things up more.

I cannot uninstall Newpoints. I get this:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1091 - Can't DROP 'newpoints_bankoffset'; check that column/key exists
Query:
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` DROP `newpoints_bankoffset`;

If I drop tables to uninstall it, I know that's not going to do me much good. I need to know where it's inserted itself on all the Mybb tables to fully get rid of it so I can start with a fresh install of Newpoints.

When I tried to reimport my newpoints tables now the shop errs trying to install it. It's basically a database nightmare.

How can I get this fully uninstalled and start over? I'm getting hundreds of email errors daily as well. The madness has to end! Smile

You should never install plugins which seem to be no longer under development - which seems to be the case of the case of that plugin. It's not mine, I can't give support for something I haven't coded and don't know how it works.

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do besides giving you a few tips:
1) Remove the newpoints columns from the users table.
2) Drop any newpoints tables.
3) Delete the newpoints_plugins entry in datacache and then copy the uninstall link from any of the installed plugins, alter the codename in the copied link to newpoints and paste in the URL bar. Run and hope for the best.
The plugin failed on the original files you have in your Newpoints. What happened was I moved hosts and for some reason, the Bank started blowing errors. So I came here looking to post about it and saw that thread.

So you're saying the bank is not part of Newpoints or just the "fix" in the link I showed you?

As for your instructions for uninstalling, I understand #'s 1&2 but #3 I don't understand. Messing within the database scares me.
Where would I find these uninstall links in the plugins? Is it easy to find and understand?

Thanks for your help.
This is the plugin you installed:
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Re...ystem-v2-0
That plugin is not mine.

What don't you understand about #3? If it's just the links, go to ACP -> Plugins -> Copy the link from an "Uninstall" link.
OK gotcha.

As for the plugin installed. Your ORIGINAL plugin was blowing the errors first. After exhausting all options like replacing the original files, I tired that one that isn't yours and it's still blowing the same errors.
Ah I see now what you're talking about.

I must have added that plugin in years ago. It worked fine until recently. Maybe it should be pulled from this site as it does not work anymore. I tested it on my test board and it won't install there and messes things up as well.
So...what now? Did you fix it or not?