MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Sync with remote database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay, i have a game server and it's database is stored on other server that the forum's

I want newpoints to reflect player's (user's) money stored in the game's database. How can i tweak it to do so

Also, if you can guide me how to pull data from other database and show them in custom profile fields.

like, a custom profile field score pulls user's score from the game's database and show in his profile. Hope you get what i want to say =)
It is not possible to do that. NewPoints uses the MyBB database
sad Sad
does that mean i can't sync ANY profile field with my game database?
Only if you write the software to do it. That's not specific to NewPoints but everything else
I'm not a coder Sad
can you give me some clue or code. i want to do this
1. create a profile field not editable by user (done)
2. update it's value with my game database **things like ...score/money/kills....etc** (i have no clue how to do this)

There must be some way to do it. i hope you can help me
There is, you need a script which does that for you.
Anyway that's off limits, you're not a subscriber and that goes beyond NewPoints support.
Note: this doesn't mean I'll code it for you if you subscribe.
lol. don't code then, just give me some hint=== what files to edit...and stuff. please :*
It doesn't work that way. If coding something like that was as easy as editing a line here and there, don't you think it would have been done already? It requires a script to pull off the data from the game database and synchronize it with the MyBB one.
what game it is?
i've tried to do the same in the past
(11-30-2011, 05:56 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't work that way. If coding something like that was as easy as editing a line here and there, don't you think it would have been done already? It requires a script to pull off the data from the game database and synchronize it with the MyBB one.
cmon....i'm feeling helpless :'(

(11-30-2011, 09:55 AM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]what game it is?
i've tried to do the same in the past
SA:MP airportwars IP- 78.129.221.58:7807