MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Favorite Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this would be quite a good of an idea, I've searched everywhere for something similar to this but never found it.

Okay so basically I would like a plugin which displays on the users profile what their favorite section of the forum is, like what they're most active in.

I think this would be a really interesting plugin, and could also help with many things.
I'm against this. The downsides of this are way more than the upsides (I see none to be honest but okay).

It would require to count all posts in each forum made by that user (as of now, the only way I can think of is one query per forum ID. Perhaps it's possible to reduce them but right now I can't think of any way besides caching and for this kind of thing..forget it).
(08-01-2011, 09:07 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm against this. The downsides of this are way more than the upsides (I see none to be honest but okay).

It would require to count all posts in each forum made by that user (as of now, the only way I can think of is one query per forum ID. Perhaps it's possible to reduce them but right now I can't think of any way besides caching and for this kind of thing..forget it).

Oh, okay then. Sorry I didn't realize it would be so hard to do, thanks for taking your time to reply.
It's not a matter of being hard. It's not hard at all but to be done correctly (without affecting the site's performance, it would require tremendous work)
Oh, okay. So if you was to do it, would you require payment?
Yes, I don't see this plugin benefiting many people.
Anyway:
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Ho...1#pid46991
That seems like a nice idea. You may close this thread if you wish.