MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: MyBack-up (I think it's a good idea)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an idea for a really good plugin, it includes a security feature for your site.

Okay so basically would it be possible to create a plugin which sends a back-up of your database at 12pm daily (12pm local forum time) to an email of which you choose in the settings.

This would be very useful incase of attacks on your forum

(Or a rogue staff member like i had one time Undecided he deleted all my posts, luckily my host was able to pull a backup out.)

Also other members reading this, what do you think? Do you think this is a good idea also?

-BreShiE
TheUnknownNetwork
Y3T-Craft
Right now there's a task which creates backups already whenever you set it to do it.
I'm not sure about emailing though, not sure if it's possible to send such big attachments.
(07-01-2011, 10:29 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Right now there's a task which creates backups already whenever you set it to do it.
I'm not sure about emailing though, not sure if it's possible to send such big attachments.

But didn't you do it in MyProtection?
No. That creates a backup of the database, it doesn't send backups to you
(07-02-2011, 04:19 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]No. That creates a backup of the database, it doesn't send backups to you

Oh okay, I'm sure it said in the post that it emails you a backup of the database along with a message saying what's happened, probably just my eyes, would it even worth being looked into?
No it doesn't send any backups. As I said, I doubt it can send backups of GBs in emails...
How about sending backup to a FTP drive like DriveHQ.com?
That's different and it's possible. I might look into it this Summer