MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Newpoints working perfectly, but not showing up in ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey man, im having trouble with the newpoints 1.7 plugin.
I uploaded everything, and hit the install button, and it says it install perfectly.
I get the newpoints page if i go to /newpoints.php and all that.
But it dosent show up in my admin CP anywhere!?

How do i fix this?
Please make sure that your user is allowed to view NewPoints (go to ACP -> Users and Groups -> Admin Permissions)
(12-21-2010, 09:13 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Please make sure that your user is allowed to view NewPoints (go to ACP -> Users and Groups -> Admin Permissions)

there is no newpoints option...
(12-21-2010, 09:22 AM)h4ck3rk1ng Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2010, 09:13 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Please make sure that your user is allowed to view NewPoints (go to ACP -> Users and Groups -> Admin Permissions)

there is no newpoints option...

Are you sure you uploaded the files from the admin directory to your admin directory?
I am 100% Positive.
I did it file by file.
it should be there.. but if not, maybe something wrong with your themes.
did your themes CHMOD to 777 or 644??
(12-22-2010, 04:22 AM)habs Wrote: [ -> ]it should be there.. but if not, maybe something wrong with your themes.
did your themes CHMOD to 777 or 644??

The themes shouldn't have anything to do with this.
It seems to me that he hasn't uploaded the admin files to the right directory.
If your not sure where to upload files or having trouble, id use the plugin uploader made by matt at mybb.com, it's easy to use and you can do it right from your ACP.
The files are uploded correctly, i dont have web developer certification status for nothing :/

I think there is somethng wrong with the plugin...
(12-23-2010, 05:04 AM)h4ck3rk1ng Wrote: [ -> ]The files are uploded correctly, i dont have web developer certification status for nothing :/

I think there is somethng wrong with the plugin...

Just because you have a web developer certification, it doesn't mean you can't error.
There's nothing wrong with the plugin, it works for everyone except you. If you show me the line of code which is wrong (since you're a web developer you can do this) and/or show me someone else with the same problem, then I'll accept it as an issue with the plugin, otherwise it's just an issue with the way you did things, which is most probably incorrect.

And by the way, if there's no "NewPoints" tab when you edit an admin's permissions, then you definitely uploaded things wrong.