MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: NewPoints 1.9.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah you can't do that. That page is generated by querying all NewPoints income settings.
so if I were to just straight up remove the income settings I don't use, it will remove them? lol
Yes but I advise you not to do it since NewPoints relies on them, being them 0 or not.
There is a little problem with NewPoints 1.9.5. When you add some additional settings using a plugin (like Shop 1.6 does), the core cannot use them until caching them. But by default all additional settings aren`t cached, because you must replace :
PHP Code:
rebuild_setttings(); 
with :
PHP Code:
newpoints_rebuild_settings_cache(); 
Pirata, you need to update all activate and deactivate functions for all your plugins dedicated for NewPoints. If you want to reproduce it please install a fresh copy of NewPoints 1.9.5, and then Shop 1.6 plugin.
I hope that you understand where is the problem.
(09-03-2012, 11:53 PM)Mihu Wrote: [ -> ]There is a little problem with NewPoints 1.9.5. When you add some additional settings using a plugin (like Shop 1.6 does), the core cannot use them until caching them. But by default all additional settings aren`t cached, because you must replace :
PHP Code:
rebuild_setttings(); 
with :
PHP Code:
newpoints_rebuild_settings_cache(); 
Pirata, you need to update all activate and deactivate functions for all your plugins dedicated for NewPoints. If you want to reproduce it please install a fresh copy of NewPoints 1.9.5, and then My Shop 1.6.
I hope that you understand where is the problem.

maybe this had some relation with the "group rules" config?
I don`t think so. When you write a standalone plugin for MyBB, and you don`t add "rebuild_setttings();", after inserting settings into database you cannot use any settings added. Here, the function must be changed because version 1.9.5 don`t add all additional settings in "mybb_settings" table.

Glas you have the same problem?
well i didn't had that problem Mihu, but something happened with User group rules, and all my moderators suddently got 1000000 points lol
Okay Sad Maybe implement settings in 1.9.6 to have an option of making fields that are 0 hidden? That'd be perfect! I'm just saying, because the way I use it on my forums it works great, but looks kind of unprofessional to have all of those empty fields :\
@Mihu I get what you mean. Instead of updating every plugin I'll just release 1.9.6 and re-cache settings after activating/deactivating/installing/uninstalling plugins.
(09-04-2012, 12:55 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]@Mihu I get what you mean. Instead of updating every plugin I'll just release 1.9.6 and re-cache settings after activating/deactivating/installing/uninstalling plugins.
Yes, this will be a more elegant solution.