MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: My Advertisements 1.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Although everybody can see this section and its threads and posts, only subscribers can download attachments. Click here to subscribe.

Description
My Advertisements is powerful ad manager for MyBB.

Features:
  1. Admins can create zones.
  2. Admins can create advertisements and assign them to zones.
  3. Admins can set an expiration date for advertisements and exempt groups as well.
  4. Clicks are logged via AJAX so the user doesn't notice that the advertisement has been clicked.
  5. Advertisement views are logged.
  6. Each zone has its own code which you can get by clicking Get Code in the Zones page.
  7. A certain uid can be informed via PM once an ad expires
  8. Zone codes can be used anywhere: posts, header, footer, index, etc

Note:
even though clicks are logged, sometimes they might not be logged because the request might be cancelled by the browser if you click a link in the advertisement.
There is no other way to log clicks.

Note #2:
My Advertisements doesn't perform template edits when you add a new zone.
Template edits must be done by yourself.
However, My Advertisements 1.1 performs 4 edits on activation:
- Header
- Footer
- Postbit
- Postbit Classic

Screenshots
[Image: screenshot3ljf.th.png]
[Image: screenshot2iwc.th.png]
[Image: screenshot1zmy.th.png]

Changes
Comes with 3 zones by default (can't be deleted): header, footer, postbit
PostBit zone has a display mode, you can choose between these four (when editing the postbit zone):
- Each Post
- First Post only
- First Post and every X posts
- Every X posts

Fixed a bug in the unlimited time ads.

Upgrade
1.4 -> 1.5
Re-upload files

1.3 -> 1.4
Re-upload files

1.2 -> 1.3
Re-upload files

1.1 -> 1.2
Re-upload files

1.0 -> 1.1
Deactivate and activate again.

Change Log
Fixed a bug that would cause a MySQL error when deleting an advertisement. (the advertisement would still be deleted but the ad count of its zone wouldn't be updated) - I wonder why this wasn't fixed in 1.3

Fixed a bug in two postbit modes. They all work perfectly now.

Fixed a bug that would cause a MySQL error when deleting an advertisement. (the advertisement would still be deleted but the ad count of its zone wouldn't be updated)

Fixed a bug in the postbit zone.

Comes with 3 zones by default (can't be deleted): header, footer, postbit
PostBit zone has a display mode, you can choose between these four:
- Each Post
- First Post only
- First Post and every X posts
- Every X posts

Download
Plugin is attached to this post.

If you find any bugs, please report them immediately!
This is much better than the one at MyBB Central. It has expiration dates and logs click. I will install yours now Big Grin. Great job!

Edit: It's not working for me Sad
The template edits must be done by you, how would it guess where the header is? or the footer? Tongue There are various lines in the header and footer and it doesn't know where you want it.
Anyway, I'm going to include 3 zones (with edits) by default:
- header
- footer
- postbit - will allow you show the ad only after first post, every post or after X posts

these zones can't be deleted.
However, the point of this ad manager was to give admins the ability to put as many zones as they wanted and assign ads to them (if more than 1, it will rotate through them) and log views and clicks of each ad.
Removed attachment because 1.1 won't have an upgrade script as the changes can't be done with an upgrade script.
A suggestion is adding a clicks and views limit too, next to expiration date, some people would love to see that Wink. Both are useful.
It's really great work! You obviously are one of the coders of MyBB that makes sophisticated plugins (most don't).

Smile.
Will check your code to see how I can add a thing to add ads & etc in admin panel next to mybb settings, later.
- Shadows.
Like ADMP?
I don't know, this is much more sofisticated than ADMP I think. It logs clicks and each zone can have various ads.
Anyway, 1.1 is up!
Yeah it is, but it's more for MyBB.. ADMP isn't meant at first to be for mybb.
Yeap Tongue
I have found only one small bug.
When someone posts a quick reply, the postbit ad is displayed as {myadvertisements[zone_3]} (or something like that, can't remember of the top of my head). Once you reload the page, everything is fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12