MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: Extra thread fields 1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Glad to "re-discover this one; I finally need to use it. Smile
I'm glad you like Smile
Do you think it'd be possible to use this to set "tags" for the threads, and add them as meta data on the page?
I kinda skimmed over this topic, but is there a chance you could include more input types. What I mean by this is drop down menu, radio buttons and check boxes.

I have modified the new thread template to include fields like these but its global and I only want it to be for a specific thread.
You can change in the settings which forums are affected, but not which threads. I won't include other input fields for now as I have no need for them and only a few users actually use this plugin.
Thank you
wow.. poor me.. i just figure it out -__-

this plugin is awesome.. glad you invent it, nervo! Big Grin
i've tested it and i have a few suggestions:
1. could you make a multiple setting for each field? in configuration panel, it only has 1 setting which only set WHOLE fields to ONE targeted forum. How if you show all field and put EDIT and there will be a field to put "id" of which forum we want to show the custom field.
2. could you add "max char limit" for this?
3. i found that "textarea" is the same as "text", i can't find the diff. So, what is the text/textarea diff from your setting? is it bug?
4. could you describe how to show this custom field under the thread title on thread body?

thanks.
(01-17-2010, 04:26 AM)habs Wrote: [ -> ]...this plugin is awesome.. glad you invent it, nervo! Big Grin

Me too, I've been testing it today, and it's really nice.

#####

4. could you describe how to show this custom field under the thread title on thread body?

This is the template variable
Code:
{$thread['primary_tag_name']}
This code will put a tag (custom field) data "big and bold" up in the table head, right after the thread title:
In Edit Template: showthread (~line 29, depending on your previous edits)
Code:
<strong>{$thread['subject']} / {$thread['primary_tag_name']}</strong>

EDIT: the "/" looks fine if the custom field has data, but looks awkward when left alone at the end of the thread title /
Just use the var {$thread['nameoffield']}
However, if not sanitized, it can lead to XSS attacks.
I'm going upload 1.1 in a moment. It will escape all custom fields in showthread and forumdisplay
Updated to 1.1 with new features Smile
Hey,
can you add a checkbox type?? it could help to prevent from using weird words by users.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7