MyBB-Plugins Forums

Full Version: [Request] Cost to View or Reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'd like it to be possible to charge a member for viewing a topic (maybe with [protect] bb code, they'd see a message instead of the topic with a price and small description, and a pay button, they can then pay the topic author to view the topic. Also, topic owners can charge per reply. This should be able to be turned on and off for specific forums.
Well, maybe this will make users don't want to post, cuz they'll lose money? And if the topic owner sets the price per reply to 10000 then no one would post... :S
No it's not possible to do it with the buttons and messages you want.
You can edit the options of the income module and set the money received per thread viewed to a negative number
(03-29-2009, 05:30 PM)CO_ol Wrote: [ -> ]Well, maybe this will make users don't want to post, cuz they'll lose money? And if the topic owner sets the price per reply to 10000 then no one would post... :S
This would be used for support topics, enabled only in specific forums, for viewing, it could be used for premium content of some kind.
(03-29-2009, 06:21 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]No it's not possible to do it with the buttons and messages you want.
You can edit the options of the income module and set the money received per thread viewed to a negative number
Pirata, not as a module it's not possible, but as a separate modification it is. What I'm wanting (giving the topic starter the currency, and letting them be in control) can't be achieved by editing the income module in that way. A similar modification to what I'm requesting exists for Invision Power Board, just thought it would be a great addition to MyBB. I might attempt to code it myself if I don't get any assistance; but I'm a beginner so I'm seeing if anyone else would like to take a crack at it first.
Premium membership
==> Access to forum only for premium.
- Shadows.
So like tutorials? Someone makes a tutorial in a thread and to view it, the user must pay (not the author of the thread of course).
Am I right?
You could add a PM item in plaza with the tutorial? Smile.
- Shadows.
Yeah that would work