Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

shoutbox 2.0 [Development]

I am reconfiguring the shoutbox to be better in my opinion, with out loosing anything. to start it will loose features but gain them back quick.

What shoutbox?
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

(08-09-2010, 06:58 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: What shoutbox?

I am actually just changing the bot, I don't have the time to redevelope the whole thing like i wanted to. I am at this time just changing the bot. To an outside file and making him smarter.

(08-09-2010, 01:46 PM)24khost Wrote:
(08-09-2010, 06:58 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: What shoutbox?

I am actually just changing the bot, I don't have the time to redevelope the whole thing like i wanted to. I am at this time just changing the bot. To an outside file and making him smarter.

Well you just can't release it because that goes against the license - and I can't change it. (might do it in MyShoutbox 1.5 since it's a full re-write)
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

I have totally created a bot that is much better. I wasn't just going to release it i was going to give you the code to review and then make your decision.
The bot is a total rewrite other than the code for turn on and turn off that i haven't rewritten yet.

(08-10-2010, 06:23 AM)24khost Wrote: I have totally created a bot that is much better. I wasn't just going to release it i was going to give you the code to review and then make your decision.
The bot is a total rewrite other than the code for turn on and turn off that i haven't rewritten yet.

I don't think you understand. It goes against the license and I can't do anything, I'm not the official author, I have permissions from him to distribute my own shoutbox which is based on spicefuse shoutbox

yes i am not distributing it though. I have rewritten the whole bot. He has no code now involved with the original system.

(08-10-2010, 11:50 AM)24khost Wrote: yes i am not distributing it though. I have rewritten the whole bot. He has no code now involved with the original system.

As long as you do not distribute it, it's fine I guess Smile

So would you mind sharing the 1.5 shoutbox that you have reprogrammed. I know alot of people want a better bot. I have that better bot and would like to help.
I have also asked for spicefuse permission.
will update with what they have given for permission.

MyShoutbox 1.5 does not have the bot anymore, some of its features have been removed