Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.1 released.
50% discount on the 6 Months subscription plan! Read more here.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

WOOT!

Well, I wasn't the one who installed NewPoints into the forum I 'now' run, but I love it.  I just wished I had the opportunity to follow its development.  Gak, when I finally had the chance, I was able to at last upgrade the shop system from (yikes) 1.1 to 1.8.  Dunno why the SQL database hates 1.9 even after running the supplied php update patch... but that's another story.

And besides Diogo Parrinha, I see a familiar face of Omar G who was able to recreate a mod that my forum used a good 7 years earlier for MyBB 1.4!!!

Sooner or later, I'm gonna be hitting up Paypal for a subscription.   Damn worth it if you ask me.

Hi,

Thanks for your post. What issues were you facing with 1.9? I'd like to see if I can get that resolved.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Others were having SQL errors. In fact, it displayed the same exact "MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue" header. Sadly, it did not give me any more information as others were presented. No table, SQL queries or anything to go by.

I am running 1.8 without any problems. But before you ask, I have tried running the Upgrade 1.8 to 1.9 patch as included and reactivated the shop. Unfortunately, that did not work at all.

I will say that my Tech Admin had taken a leave of absence for a time and we are using an older version of MyBB, 1.8.4... but still 1.8 architecture.

BUT.... Shop 1.8 is working fine, and I re-installed Lottery. Er, as I said in my intro, another had owned the forum. Tongue He installed the old 1.4 copy. I just did the upgrade.