Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

ShopMyBB

(03-27-2010, 06:26 AM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: Ah I see. Okay then. Just an idea.

I'll be trying to get that awards plugin pretty soon. But just a question, does it give the awards automatically?

Yes, that's the point of My Achievements.
However, you can give custom awards manually too
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Im not trying to put a spanner in the works , but i think its unfair to have a second site for plugins. Its easy for an admin to say that he/she would never post the plugins here thats gonna be posted on the other site. You know , theres nothing stopping that happening again , like opening a third site and saying that he/she would not have posted plugins on the first and second site that are gonna be posted on the third site, where does it stop ?

My suggestion would be to have 2 subscriptions $5 for paid plugins and $10 for exclusive plugins. Atleast have that option available for users to choose rather than charging members $5 for paid plugins and then changing the way the plugins are distributed.

To be fair and courteous id suggest that all "current" members get full access to the shopmybb site so that this would only effect new subscribers. You have to look at this from your already paid members point of view. If your gonna change the way plugins are distributed you need to compensate your already paid members. Make a post so that all new subscribers know what category of paid plugins thats actually available and that there is exclusive plugins available at another site for an extra fee..

(Im not a paid member yet)

(05-19-2010, 09:16 PM)dunlop03 Wrote: Im not trying to put a spanner in the works , but i think its unfair to have a second site for plugins. Its easy for an admin to say that he/she would never post the plugins here thats gonna be posted on the other site. You know , theres nothing stopping that happening again , like opening a third site and saying that he/she would not have posted plugins on the first and second site that are gonna be posted on the third site, where does it stop ?

My suggestion would be to have 2 subscriptions $5 for paid plugins and $10 for exclusive plugins. Atleast have that option available for users to choose rather than charging members $5 for paid plugins and then changing the way the plugins are distributed.

To be fair and courteous id suggest that all "current" members get full access to the shopmybb site so that this would only effect new subscribers. You have to look at this from your already paid members point of view. If your gonna change the way plugins are distributed you need to compensate your already paid members. Make a post so that all new subscribers know what category of paid plugins thats actually available and that there is exclusive plugins available at another site for an extra fee..

(Im not a paid member yet)

I don't have to compensate anyone since I don't mention in the subscription page that I have to release all my plugins here on this website. I decide what I do with my work. If I didn't release those on ShopMyBB you wouldn't have access to them in any kind of way.
You're free to like it or not but I'm also free to do whatever I want with my plugins.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

You sure do , but dont you think it will upset some of your subscribers ?

(05-20-2010, 05:17 AM)dunlop03 Wrote: You sure do , but dont you think it will upset some of your subscribers ?

I don't think they have any reasons to be upset. When they subscribed they didn't subscribe because they thought I was going to publish all plugins I make on this website, they subscribed because they wanted an existing plugin from this website.

(05-19-2010, 09:16 PM)dunlop03 Wrote: To be fair and courteous id suggest that all "current" members get full access to the shopmybb site so that this would only effect new subscribers.
Full access to ShopMyBB wouldn't be even possible, because not only Pirata is releasing their paid stuff there + wouldn't be fair to other ShopMyBB users who would have to pay the price the plugin costs, while us exsisting subscribers would download for "free".
(05-20-2010, 06:37 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: they subscribed because they wanted an existing plugin from this website.
I've certanly subscribed, because I wanted two particular plugins and now I'm waiting for any other plugin to get released that would be of use for me and my forums Smile

(05-20-2010, 05:06 PM)Svizy Wrote:
(05-19-2010, 09:16 PM)dunlop03 Wrote: To be fair and courteous id suggest that all "current" members get full access to the shopmybb site so that this would only effect new subscribers.
Full access to ShopMyBB wouldn't be even possible, because not only Pirata is releasing their paid stuff there + wouldn't be fair to other ShopMyBB users who would have to pay the price the plugin costs, while us exsisting subscribers would download for "free".
(05-20-2010, 06:37 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: they subscribed because they wanted an existing plugin from this website.
I've certanly subscribed, because I wanted two particular plugins and now I'm waiting for any other plugin to get released that would be of use for me and my forums Smile

Yes but usually people subscribe for one single plugin if you get what I mean.
I'm also finishing another plugin which will be released on this website and is wanted by many users on the MyBB community

(05-21-2010, 04:21 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Yes but usually people subscribe for one single plugin if you get what I mean.

I see what you did there Tongue

hehe i confess that i was one of the subscribers who got angry by this situation
but after thinking it
MyAchievements is a awesome and complex plugin system, a subscription is not a fair payment.

Anyway
Thanks to Nervo we have all those awesome plugins
so a way of supporting him is buying the Big plugins there
as i was unable, i bought an Lifetime subscription
and i don't regret of that
Smile

[Image: glas.png]

(05-21-2010, 04:21 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Yes but usually people subscribe for one single plugin if you get what I mean.
I'm also finishing another plugin which will be released on this website and is wanted by many users on the MyBB community
Any hint of which plugin it is? (colored userbits? Tongue)

(05-21-2010, 05:36 AM)Svizy Wrote:
Any hint of which plugin it is? (colored userbits? Tongue)

Nope, you'll see what it is once I release it Smile