Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

[Request] Pay to download

So I had this idea...

User 1 makes a bot for a game.
He uploads the bot and gets the option to define points needed to buy it.
So then user 2 has to pay X amount of points (that are given to user 1) to download the attachment.

Maybe-
Tax? Admins take x% of the cost per download.

I've thought about making this one already but requires some extra time for hard testing and I will not have that time before the end of August
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

I support this idea. I'd like it. If others are interested, I'd consider paying towards a total cost for Pirata to make it. I don't have a lot of money. The only alternative I can think of for now is providing a download link in threads and using the Thread Points plugin. But if the user wants to revisit that thread they have to pay again, I believe. (Not checked out Thread Points yet though.)

I want to put high-res PNG images (often 20-40MB) on my site, but due to bandwidth issues I'd like them to pay with NewPoints. It's to prevent hit and run users from just signing up to leech bandwidth/download things. Highest res will cost more. I'm sure you can see the usefulness of this, and I hope you're able to work on it one day, Pirata.

Bump this thread. I would love to see this made.

Yes, I like this too.

Is'nt this just the MyDownload's plugin intergrated with newpoints?

Yes but this is for attachments.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

(08-27-2011, 04:30 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Yes but this is for attachments.

Yes please make this soon and when you can.
[Image: logo.png]

yes this vil good for attachments........

and i also request... does any one want to see the download link they also must give some points for that... as they vil earn through replying threads.

(07-23-2011, 05:03 PM)IceGuru Wrote: So I had this idea...

User 1 makes a bot for a game.
He uploads the bot and gets the option to define points needed to buy it.
So then user 2 has to pay X amount of points (that are given to user 1) to download the attachment.

Maybe-
Tax? Admins take x% of the cost per download.

I would love to have this plugin...
[Image: logo.gif]