Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

[Release] Pay For Sticky

Requirements
  • at least MyBB 1.6.0
  • NewPoints version 1.9.0+;
Description
Simple plugin for NewPoints where members can pay for making their threads sticky. These threads are maked sticky forever or for a period of time defined by administrator.

Features
  • Ability to allow only on specified forums to buy threads.
  • Ability to allow only for some usergroups to buy threads. (v1.1)
  • Ability to set a number of days when threads buyed remain sticky.
  • A task it is used to unstick threads on expiration.
  • Setting to allow a user to stick only his threads.
Installation
  1. Upload the contents of the "Upload" folder to the root of your MyBB installation directory.
  2. Then, install and activate "Pay For Sticky" from the Administrator Panel, section NewPoints > Plugins.
  3. Now you can start to configure it! ("Administrator Panel > NewPoints > Settings > Pay For Sticky")
Upgrade
  1. Deactivate and uninstall version 1.0;
  2. Upload the contents of the "Upload" folder to the root of your MyBB installation directory.
  3. Then, install and activate "Pay For Sticky" from the Administrator Panel, section NewPoints > Plugins.
Changelog
  • [17.02.2013][v1.1]
    • Pay for stick can now be done directly on thread posting;
    • New setting added (now only some usergroups can pay in order to stick a thread);
    • Some improvements suggested by Sama34;
  • [16.02.2013][v1.0]
    • First stable release;
Support
For support please post on ExtraMyBB.com. Thank you! Feel free to rep me if you like it!

Download
.zip   Pay For Sticky v1.1.zip (Size: 106.27 KB / Downloads: 397)
.zip   Pay For Sticky v1.0.zip (Size: 74.47 KB / Downloads: 59)

Thank you for this I've been wanting this for a while.

I think you can achieve the same or better results using the delayed moderation core feature. Also, you should be using showthread_start instead of index_start as users may skip various permissions with your current code. Other that that looks nice, hope you stick around Tongue
Support PM's will be ignored. Exclamation
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread

Sama, if you refer on stick_threads function (from class_moderation), it seems to be same with my code (I don`t see any differences!)
I will take your advices into consideration, but remember that was developed in only 3 hours.
Thanks.

Edit : Version 1.1 released!
[Image: img2.png]

Not sure what you mean, but just noticed and IMO you could be using using the moderation class to stick the threads and the delayed moderation feature to unstick them, that will make your plugin more friendly to others.

This is just how I would do it though!

Download version 1.1 and you will see that I`ve used moderation class...Tongue
[Image: img2.png]

Right, I did not checked that one.

nice and thank!

BUT! Is it 1 day or 1 hour in the settings!?
The settings says 1 hour when typing in. But when gonna buy a sticky on a thread, it says days.

So I wanted it to have 1 week, and put 168 into the settings (it said in hours, so 24*7=168 hours = 7 days = 1 week).
But when then going to buy the thread it says the sticky will be for 168 days.

Not sure if it will be in days or hours. so that would be a minor fix.

Lol
Over a week have passed and I had put this sticky to 1 hour (or 1 day). It's still a sticky after 8 days?

(12-28-2013, 07:08 PM)Sozu Wrote: Lol
Over a week have passed and I had put this sticky to 1 hour (or 1 day). It's still a sticky after 8 days?

Hello,
I know this is a bit old but i would like to know if this plugin is working? seems like a really great idea and would love to use it on my forum.

Thanks