Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

[Release] Buy Usertitle and Username 1.2

have one problem, the plugin not show here Administrator Panel -> NewPoints -> Plugins.
and i not see how can change the price

EDIT: Problem solved

Love this plugin but wish it had a setting that worked with MyBB Strict Username master

So many thanks buddy this plugin is awesome. I hope it has minimum amount of bugs. Glad to join this forum.

Users reported to me that if they enter a usertitle that is too long, their title wont be changed (which is good), but they still get their points reduced (which is bad).

If they enter an invalid usertitle, no points should be taken away.

Could you fix that or tell me how to fix it? Thanks Smile

Have you tested it yourself? I'm not saying I don't trust your users, I'm saying experience tells me users usually report bugs that are in fact not bugs. And I spent many hours in my life looking at non existing bugs reported by users of my clients' forums.

See below: If they get an error for invalid usertitle, they won't be deducted any points.
PHP Code:
if(!$userhandler->validate_user())
        {

$errors $userhandler->get_friendly_errors();
        }
        else
        {

$userhandler->update_user();

// get points from user

newpoints_addpoints($mybb->user['uid'], -(floatval($mybb->settings["newpoints_buynametitle_{$field2}_fee"])));

$plugins->run_hooks("newpoints_buynametitle_success");

if (
$mybb->input['action'] == 'buynametitle_name')
            {

$langstring $lang->newpoints_buynametitle_log_name;
            }
            else
            {

$langstring $lang->newpoints_buynametitle_log_title;
            }

$log_message $lang->sprintf($langstring$mybb->user[$field], $userhandler->data[$field]);

// log purchase

newpoints_log('buynametitle_'.$field$log_message);

redirect($mybb->settings['bburl']."/newpoints.php?action=buynametitle"$lang->newpoints_buynametitle_updated$lang->newpoints_buynametitle_updated_title);
        } 
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

(02-13-2015, 09:31 PM)Diogo Parrinha Wrote: Have you tested it yourself? I'm not saying I don't trust your users, I'm saying experience tells me users usually report bugs that are in fact not bugs. And I spent many hours in my life looking at non existing bugs reported by users of my clients' forums.

See below: If they get an error for invalid usertitle, they won't be deducted any points.

PHP Code:
if(!$userhandler->validate_user())
        {

$errors $userhandler->get_friendly_errors();
        }
        else
        {

$userhandler->update_user();

// get points from user

newpoints_addpoints($mybb->user['uid'], -(floatval($mybb->settings["newpoints_buynametitle_{$field2}_fee"])));

$plugins->run_hooks("newpoints_buynametitle_success");

if (
$mybb->input['action'] == 'buynametitle_name')
            {

$langstring $lang->newpoints_buynametitle_log_name;
            }
            else
            {

$langstring $lang->newpoints_buynametitle_log_title;
            }

$log_message $lang->sprintf($langstring$mybb->user[$field], $userhandler->data[$field]);

// log purchase

newpoints_log('buynametitle_'.$field$log_message);

redirect($mybb->settings['bburl']."/newpoints.php?action=buynametitle"$lang->newpoints_buynametitle_updated$lang->newpoints_buynametitle_updated_title);
        } 

I tested it, and it is indeed as the user reportet. I get the notice about the usertitle being too long, and once I refresh or e.g. open the main page, I have lost the points it would normally cost to buy a usertitle. 

Please make sure you're using v1.2 because that's been fixed in 1.2.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

(02-14-2015, 07:37 AM)Diogo Parrinha Wrote: Please make sure you're using v1.2 because that's been fixed in 1.2.

You were right, I still used 1.1, thanks Smile

No problem.

Is this working for 1.8?