Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

[Release] Attachment Cost

Habs, could you please change:
error($page, $lang->newpoints_atcost_verify_payment);
to:
error("testing", "this is a test");

And then try downloading an attachment?
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

(09-25-2009, 11:58 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Habs, could you please change:
error($page, $lang->newpoints_atcost_verify_payment);
to:
error("testing", "this is a test");

And then try downloading an attachment?

error still occured.. Sad
is this because of pid,tid,uid,aid things?
because my attachment is not using format pid=x but using aid=x
i opened attachment.php and it's rule about it.

how do you think?

just info, i using page compression using gzip and set to 4.
is it related to the problem?

@chonghua
could you make an update?
add this feature to setting of attachment cost:
Admin allow to set YES/NO for "Ask for payment again for the next download"

i plan to set that member should purchase the attachment again when they want to download it. Best for update version of my attachment file, and also in order to member keep active.
Double post
i've tested the attachment on localhost and everything is just fine.. very confusing >.<

is it possible because of ISO or UTF-8 encoding?
Double post
Problem solved mate..

it's because the default mybb "Use GZip Page Compression?"
i tried it on localhost and when enable gzip compression, the problem came up again.

so, now i disabled the gzip compression..

@chonghua
hope you update with my request..
let allow admin to charge again on the next download.
and please make a new limitation based on the attachment id, not the thread id.
because, if i attach different file in a new post but still in the same thread, the attachment cost will look it as a already paid file. so, it won't redirect to payment page and just popup the download box. (2 different file in the same thread, but you only need to pay as 1 file)

that's bad.. so, please fix..

once again, thanks chonghua and Pirata Nervo Smile
Heart

Hmm that's weird, Gzip compression is enabled here and on my other 2 test websites and work perfectly. It's probably the way your server compresses things then
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Nevermind, I can confirm that's the problem. Will have to figure out why that happens though :/

Yep, Nervo.
will wait for any patch Smile
also please seperate session for every attachment..
i have 3 different files in 1 thread. But i can't charge 10 points per file Sad
there's 10 points for everything... Sad
i should get 30 points but only 10 points deducted for each member..
i need a member to pay 10 points per file per download.
please include this feature to current or future release..

i love this plugin idea. Attachment Cost is a great idea..
hope chonghua or you Nervo, can help me with it Smile
Heart

That's up to chongua not me. And it's up to him to fix the other problem as well, otherwise all the work done is mine as this is a ported version of my Pay to Download myplaza turbo module. And if I add that feature and if I fix this bug myself, this plugin is completely mine Tongue
So I'll leave it to him. If he doesn't want to work on it, I'll change the credits, the license and make a new thread

Smile thanks for the info guys, anyway about the request, i'll try later this week, been busy with new project lol anyway, can you pm what particular line to be patch or update? since the post lil bit hard to read lol Tongue thanks
Andrew - NewPoints Plugin Developer

[Image: dragonanimated_446370.gif]

That would take sometime to patch as you must search for the cause of the problem or a workaround for it

@chonghua
Please use different session log for each file of attachment. So when there are 3 attachment in a thread, they'll pay 3 times and not once.
This version, we can download any attachment in the same thread as much as we want. As i know u only log payment based on thread id. So if i have paid single file, it will allow u to download the whole file as you pay per thread not per attachment file.
Double post
Also please add feature that allow an admin to decide the payment terms.
a. One time payment
b. Pay per every download
c. Free for selected usergroup
Heart

It has nothing to do with sessions. It's just the way things are checked and the way data is stored in the database that needs to be changed