Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

[Plugin] Bump Thread

Bump Threads 1.1 for Newpoints.

With this plugin, you can easily allow your users to bump their own threads without replying charging them with a certain amount of money.

This plugin is a modification/adaptation to Zinga Burga's plugin for MyBB to work along Newpoints as a a plugin.

Characteristics:
  • Activate/Deactivate without losing information. (global)
  • Time interval between bumps. (global)
  • Allowed Groups. (global)
  • Allowed Forums. (global)
  • Points to remove. (global)
  • Only thread authors, administrators and Super Moderators can bump threads.
  • Administrators and Super Moderators do no pay unless they are the thread authors.
  • Group Rule: Points Rate.
  • Group Rule: Allowed forums.
  • Forum Rule: Points Rate.
  • Forum Rule: Allowed groups.

Screen shots:
[Image: screenshot1za.th.jpg][Image: screenshot2jon.th.jpg][Image: screenshot3mnc.th.jpg][Image: screenshot4ip.th.jpg][Image: screenshot5fg.th.jpg][Image: screenshot6pk.th.jpg][Image: screenshot7wj.th.jpg][Image: screenshot8hq.th.jpg][Image: screenshot9tw.th.jpg]

Install:
  1. Upload the "upload" folder content into your forum root.
  2. Install the plugin from ACP -> Newpoints -> Plugins
  3. Change the settings (and edit the forum/group rules) and activate the plugin from ACP -> Settings -> Bump Thread.
  4. Enjoy!

Update
1.0 => 1.1
  1. Deactivate old plugin.
  2. Follow above install steps.

Use:
All main settings that are marked as "global" work in a global basis, so if you left allowed forums and groups empty, everybody will be able to bump thread in all forums at the same amount of points.

Time interval must be a number, use "0" (without quotes) to make it like "always".

The points field must be a positive number, without signs, like +, -, etc. You can use - to give points instead of removing, but I have not tested so I don't know what could happen (maybe never will test it as it works as it is suppose ATM).

Administrator and Global Moderators only pay if they are the thread author.

Rules:
Ahora hay dos nuevas reglas en la paginas de Reglas de Grupo/Foro, estas opciones son para extender el uso del plugin, si se prefiere, solo no editar y se usaran solo las opciones globales.

Group Rule: Points Rate.
Similar to Newpoints Income Rate settings, but have not tested negative values as stated above.

Group Rule: Allowed forums.
This option overwrites the plugin global "allowed forums" setting for this group. So you can allow certain group to bump threads in certain forums.

Forum Rule: Points Rate.
Similar to Newpoints Income Rate settings, but have not tested negative values as stated above.

Forum Rule: Allowed forums.
This option overwrites the plugin global "allowed gruops" setting for this forum. So you can allow certain groups to bump threads in this forum.

TODO:
  • Find a way to check for additional usergroups for rules check.
  • Verify if user is the actual forum moderator, to give global moderator alike privileges.
  • Maybe add a forum/group rule for time between bumps.
  • Cache the button template (I just foget).

Attached Files
.zip   Bump Thread 1.1.zip (Size: 337.61 KB / Downloads: 703)
Support PM's will be ignored. Exclamation
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread

It seems OK to me Smile Thanks for releasing, I'm sticking this. One thing only, make sure to include the licence (GPL).
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

All right then Big Grin

One question, what above group/forums rules? Will they valance the points being removed?

Let me format my post and I will upload a new pack with the license.

It depends, if you use newpoints_addpoints(...) you're asked to pass as an argument the forum and group rules for that user Smile
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Sorry if I don´t understand, if I use the newpoints_addpoints() function it is passed automatically or I need to do something else?

Sorry but I must say all this is kind of new to me.

The thread have been updated.

You can use newpoints_addpoints(...) and pass the rules as arguments (see documentation). Of course you'll need to get the rules first - check the Shop plugin for example.

Will check it, thanks.

A little but significant update for those who are using or want to use this plugin.

This is the list:
  • The plugin now formats the points in the no enough points error page.
  • There is a new option in forum rules page to modify the rate of points being removed by a forum basis.
  • There is a new option in group rules page to modify the rate of points being removed by a forum basis.
  • There is a new option in forum rules page to set what groups can use the bump feature in that forum.
  • There is a new option in group rules page to set in what forums the group is allowed to bump threads.

The last two new features overwrite the plugin's default setting only if the field is not empty. So, if you want to use the plugin settings globally, just let them empty and nothing will change.

To update, please unactivate the plugin, upload new files, and install the plugin.

The plugin is very useful to me how it is now, so TODO list may wait a long time Sad

Moved to the plugins forum. Thanks!

I have activate the Plugin
On the Thread Page where do we find the Bump Button?? Or is there any other way to Bump a thread?