Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Newpoints feature request

I would like the Newpoints system Forum Rules to have "Minimum points to create a thread" and points to bump a thread to the top of the forum's section by the thread creator once the thread is no longer on page 1.

I see that you have Newpoints Bump a Thread plugin... but can you convert this to "Thread Rules" to allow a Forum owner to create different rules for different forum sections... specifying the Points to Subtract from a user/members account when they create a new thread or bump a thread they created once the thread is no longer on page 1.

The bump plugin already uses forum and group rules for income rate, groups that can use in forum, and forum that where a group bump thread.

The only thing it doesn´t is to allow bump only after the first page.

I suppose I can add a feature to allow bumps only after X posts in the thread.
Support PM's will be ignored. Exclamation
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread

I need a thread rule as I want users to pay to create a thread. If I use the forum rules, users are made to pay for creating a thread post, and for every reply posts. That's not what I want.

I want "Thread Rules" to allow a Forum owner to create different rules for different forum sections... specifying the Points to Subtract from a user/members account when they create a new thread or bump a thread they created once the thread is no longer on page 1. With this rules only the thread creator will be charged. Those that reply to the thread posts won't be charged.

Yes, you can also, add the feature to allow bumps only after X posts in the thread if that's the best way to implement bump only after the first page.

I will see what I can do, but only for the bump plugin, since I don´t develop the Newpoints plugin it self for the rest of your requirements Smile
Support PM's will be ignored. Exclamation
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread

Thanks for your contribution.