Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Newpoints Missing after MyBB 1.6.3 Update

Get a backup of your theme xml, upgrade, then delete your theme and reupload.

Will that fix it for sure? Because I can't find the cause of this issue.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Yes, it fixed it for me. In theory, maybe as a bug, Mybb for some reason corrupts the existing theme files during the update process and it makes many modification features inaccessible.

The code may show in the template editor, but for some reason doesn't show up on the board which leads me to believe that it is corrupted. I had to reupload a backup of my theme before any modifications showed up.

Did you run the MyBB 1.6.3 upgrade script?
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

I did the manual patch and my newpoints seems fine. I don't like doing the automatic one where you just upload all the files...its too risky for me because I've made so many modifications to the php files. So a manual patch is the best way to go if you have made many changes and you have many plugins because you don't know what will get affected if you choose the automatic way...
Join us!
[Image: rotate_images.php]

Note that manual patches do not include bug fixes.

What do you mean? The manual updates and the automatic ones are not the same???
Join us!

Automatic? You mean replacing files right? No, patches are just for security issues mainly. By replacing files you also fix bugs.

Arrgh damnit, I want to replace files but I'm not sure if I should do it because I've made changes to some files....darn....

How would we as forum operators make such bug fix changes? I mean, if we made changes to core files and if, say, mybb 2.0 came out, how can we even upgrade....
Join us!

Well you can go to dev.mybb.com and differentiate the revisions of the changed files and do the changes yourself. I wouldn't recommend you to do it that way though