Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

NewPoints 1.9.9

A user created a thread in one forum with an income rate of 2... the user earned income for posting and creating the thread. But when the thread was moved to another forum with income rate of zero the user still retained the income earned (user did not lose points). Why is that?

If I recall correctly, NewPoints doesn't take into consideration thread moves.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Question:

If a forum member is a member of two groups with two different income rates for posting in a particular forum... does the member get double points for being a member of the two groups when he/she posts?

Unfortunately newpoints doesn't check for additional groups for the income rate nor when a thread/post is moved.
Support PM's will be ignored. Exclamation
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread

NewPoints doesn't check additional groups on purpose. How could it decide between X and Y? The only way to do that is by not letting NewPoints choose at all. The primary usergroup is the one that will affect the rates.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

How could I upgrade from NewPoints 1.9.4 -> 1.9.5 version?

(09-30-2012, 10:14 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: NewPoints doesn't check additional groups on purpose. How could it decide between X and Y? The only way to do that is by not letting NewPoints choose at all. The primary usergroup is the one that will affect the rates.

Probably just as mybb current permissions kind of works?

Primary group income rate = 2
Secondary group #1 income rate = -4
Secondary group #2 income rate = 1

Group incoming rate = -1

IMO this be really helpful, and you can always include a setting if you feel it is much of a upgrade in the 1.9.x branch.
Support PM's will be ignored. Exclamation
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread

Forum rules and Group rules income rate... does it affect the points members get per visit and per referral?

@Sama32 that's not how I feel this should work. What about the rest of the settings for the group rules? (points paid per "period"). That's not practical.

@mpbc9999 No, those are not affected by the income rate. Do you feel like they should be affected?

The forum rules should not affect the points members get per visit and per referral (this is fine as it is), but I think and would like the group rule to affect the points members get per visit and per referral.

Is there any other income source that's not affected by the forum and group rules income rate?