Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

NewPoint suddenly missing both in my postbit and profile

Please, read post #7.

All settings are deleted from the settings table (not from the newpoints_settings table) so they're technically disabled.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Ok Undecided
Can't find Games?
-- My GameSection --
Tr4v3sty.com

I got mine working again, but hope you find whats wrong and get it updated for next time Smile
Can't find Games?
-- My GameSection --
Tr4v3sty.com

How did you get it working? The only way I know is by uninstalling and installing again. I haven't received a reply from carinibieros so I still haven't managed to find the problem
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Thats what I did.
Can't find Games?
-- My GameSection --
Tr4v3sty.com

Well okay well it's not the best solution haha even though you can recount all points, users lose everything (unless you make a backup using NewPoints backup task and then restore it - read the documentation for more info). I'll be looking at the problem this Tuesday and hope to find the root of the issue.

That'll be great, thanks.
Can't find Games?
-- My GameSection --
Tr4v3sty.com

I cannot seem the cause for this issue so 1.9 will work differently.

Instead of having a duplicate setting in the settings table, NewPoints will use its own table (newpoints_settings) - it requires an extra query per page but saves trouble like this.

Reinstalling, then restore a backup do solve this problem?

Or do we have to un-install it and then recount points to get it working?

Or have we to wait for NewPoints 1.9 to come out?

Sorry for not creating another thread if that is a problem...
Support PM's will be ignored. Exclamation
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread

You can restore a backup, there's no problem with that (you can follow the docs for this). But you must uninstall, then install and then restore the backup as it says in the documentation.