Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Negative amount of NewPoints?

I've been having members getting -1000's of points. How is this happening? Usually happens after they buy something, but I had someone buy 10,000 + 1,500 points worth of items in one day. In a matter of hours. Is there an exploit, or bug?

Thanks,
iHydra

This seems to happen on some boards but they rarely report and I sincerely have no idea how this could happen. Does it happen often for you? I could send you a development version of NewPoints which will deny negative points and send you a PM when someone's about to get negative points, along with information about what they did. That way we can track it down.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

(04-23-2013, 09:20 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: This seems to happen on some boards but they rarely report and I sincerely have no idea how this could happen. Does it happen often for you? I could send you a development version of NewPoints which will deny negative points and send you a PM when someone's about to get negative points, along with information about what they did. That way we can track it down.

Sure. I could use that, but will the points be reset for everyone?

Had the member explain what he did. I had 0.05 / character and he put "DO NOT READ THIS" in spoiler tags so he can get 10,000+ points, and after I caught him he deleted it and the points went -7,000.

So basically the negative occurs when the thread or post is deleted, user goes negative when that user has bought something so the "total" balance is kept in the plugin I guess and when posts are being deleted, it makes it go negative. Hope that helps.

Yeah that makes sense. So he spent the points and then he got all points taken away. Well seems OK to me then that the amount remains negative otherwise he'd be making money.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

(04-25-2013, 01:49 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Yeah that makes sense. So he spent the points and then he got all points taken away. Well seems OK to me then that the amount remains negative otherwise he'd be making money.

No, not exactly. Let's say you're a new member and have 0.00.

You post twice. Now you have 5.00

You buy an item. Now you have 1.00 left

Then you get your 2 posts deleted.

You'll go -4.00 because you got 5.00 with the posts and bought an item for 4.00 so you're left with 1.00 but the posts get deleted and now lose 5.00 which ends up being -4.00

It is correct. Otherwise users would be making money/points. I'd spend more than I have and I'd never have a negative balance.