Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Need someone with CoinPayments account for testing

Hi,

I'm going to release MySubscriptions 2.0 soon and it will include an alternative to PayPal: CoinPayments. It seems more and more frequently, users are using this as an alternative (mostly because it supports bitcoins and PayPal as a backup method I guess). Many users have come to me requesting this, so I'm adding it.

But I don't have a CoinPayments account, which means I have no means of testing. I added this payment processor to a client, recently and we were able to get it functioning properly (due to the lack of testing tools for their API, we had to use real, small, payments for testing). The system I did was more complex, because it supported extending subscriptions - which will not be done in this case. I believe the code I wrote for MySubscriptions may work out of the box but we'll need to test it first of course.

I'd like to know if anyone's willing to help me test MySubscriptions 2.0. Change log:
- Added CoinPayments as alternative to PayPal for One-off payments (setting)
- TLS v1.2 is now used if available (please see https://devblog.paypal.com/upcoming-secu...es-notice/ )
- Added a feature to the ACP which allows admins to upgrade a member to a certain plan (you're no longer required to use VIP Membership plugin for this)
- [one-off payments] One week before the subscription expires (any time), an e-mail is sent alerting the user (unless emails are disabled by the user or this feature was disabled by the admin)
- Added a page to the UserCP where users can see their active subscriptions and how much time is left until they expire

Only subscribers are accepted.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Hi Diogo,

I have a CoinPayments account and development forum you can use for testing. What exactly do you need?

Just send me a PM if you want. Smile

Thanks, will do Smile
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

I'd like to note that all the features except for the 'email notification and coinpayments integration' have been tested and confirmed to be working so far.

Thanks to Marisa, the plugin has been tested. It will be deployed today or tomorrow on this website, which means bitcoins will start being supported here as a payment method.

After people subscribe using the new method, I'll likely release it to the public once it's confirmed to work properly on a production server.

(03-16-2016, 01:04 AM)Diogo Parrinha Wrote: Thanks to Marisa, the plugin has been tested. It will be deployed today or tomorrow on this website, which means bitcoins will start being supported here as a payment method.

After people subscribe using the new method, I'll likely release it to the public once it's confirmed to work properly on a production server.

That's great, I was happy to help. Smile

This should be a fairly popular feature addition to the MySubscriptions plugin. Tongue

Looking forward to implementing bitcoin payments on my own forum sometime in the future.

I would suggest you to use BitPay for an Bitcoin API. Its used by most of companies & works great. Its also very easy to use. But yeah, does not matter what do you use, if it works Smile! Bitcoin payment is really useful, many ppl uses that these days. Great job! Any test versions available? Would be great to contribute it.

Thanks Smile MySubscriptions 2.0 uses CoinPayments, so we'll stick to that as it's been tested and seems to work. I'll be testing it live here for a few days soon and after that I'll release it.

Using third party BTC gateway is a bad idea. They can add fees etc, also we need to create account on BTC gateway i.e coinpayment.

Why not simply use blockchain.info API ? we dont even need to create another separate account (we use same wallet ) and no fess Smile, [It's much safe and widely used compared to coinpayment]

The idea of using coinpayment is totally flawed in first step, why make things complicated!

Also the implementation is as easy as making coffee : https://blockchain.info/api/api_receive

Here is official php receive payment demo: https://github.com/blockchain/receive-payments-demos

Whoever suggested coinpayment must be new to crypto currency (Maybe advertising coinpayment! lol), but well you can still release new plugin

Also, using blockchain you have total control of money (you can even download your wallet), And you dont even need to contact any support system incase you need to refund or check payment internals etc (you are your own boss and can check yourself everything anytime) .The worst scenario would be coinpayment shutdown just like LR and your money lost! (tons more i dont need to mention). Coinpayment is new and public entity company i.e ran by some geeks from home or small office). blockchain.info wallet has a history + news and registered company since btc evolved. I dont hate coinpayment but there must be a line between both.

Plugin is nice! but your efforts are slightly going in wrong direction, but i dont blame you for this because you were not into bitcoins.

99.9 % use official BTC wallet i.e blockchain.info, what makes me smile is comparing it with coinpayment Big Grin

Above is my suggestion so be soft Smile

I appreciate your suggestions, I truly do. The plugin, however, has been released for quite some time now and it works fine. I use BlockChain but not their API - maybe I could add it in the future. From what I understand, however, BlockChain is only for BitCoin. CoinPayments supports tens of different electronic coins - that's one of the reasons I decided to go forward with it.