Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

MyUpdates announcement

Hey everyone,

I know some of you have been requesting this for ages because a similar thing existed for my MyBB 1.4 plugins.
MyUpdates will be a plugin you'll install on your forum to be able to see which of your plugins need to be updated to a more recent version: this affects the plugins we have here being them free or paid.

In addition to that, I also plan to add the following:
* Click, Download, Install a plugin directly from our server (initially only for free plugins).
* Click, Uninstall, Remove plugins (it will only be available for our plugins only as well).

The reason it will only work for our plugins is because we know the ZIP structure - it's mostly the same for every plugin we have. This doesn't happen with plugins available on the Mods site.

At a later point I may add the ability to direct upgrade as well but that's more complex because it may require upgrade scripts and that needs to be well designed. I also plan to add a way to install paid plugins but right now I won't be adding that because it needs to be well planned so people can't download our paid software without permission.

MyUpdates will be available for paid subscribers (Premium and Gold) only and I am not providing an ETA but soon should be enough.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Sounds great!
Jack Clarke
Co-Founder | Evolse Limited
[email protected] | https://www.evolse.com/

+1

Those are great news!

I hope to see it soon working!

[Image: glas.png]

Sounds amazing - I hope it'll be out soon, as it'll certainly be a great way to do it, and a great premise of an interesting and unique plugin

Alright so I'll be done today with the main part for this server. That means I'll be able to manage plugins from the ACP. Next step is to create the plugin for the end user - I'll do this today or tomorrow.

I'll then release v0.1 which will do the basic things:
"MyUpdates will be a plugin you'll install on your forum to be able to see which of your plugins need to be updated to a more recent version: this affects the plugins we have here being them free or paid."
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Il be ready for testing Big Grin

[Image: glas.png]

I'll most likely use it, since it'll beat the daily visiting the forums to see if there's any possible updates for plugins that I use Smile

Great addition Pirata!

I'm delaying the release for a few days. I'm currently working on the User CP page that will allow you to view your unique keys - each domain has a key. You can add up to 3 domains to your account. You will only be able to use the MyUpdates plugin on those domains.

(07-27-2012, 04:34 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: I'm delaying the release for a few days. I'm currently working on the User CP page that will allow you to view your unique keys - each domain has a key. You can add up to 3 domains to your account. You will only be able to use the MyUpdates plugin on those domains.
So possibly in the future the premium plugins will be restricted to those 3 websites as well?

Theoretically yes since that's a way to control who's using pirated software and who is not. But let's go one step at a time.