Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

MyShoutbox - How to add words to the bot

Oh I understand how you did it haha.
Because you had put //1 //2 //3 i though it was like 12th string in array bot_words will use 12th string in array user_words
or sth like that lol

Thanks for the nice tutorial!
- Shadows.

BUT! for 5 arrays (won't list them now) things work differently. You may want to try an entry of each user_words.php array in the shoutbox and see which answers the bot gives so you will know which array the bot uses for each user array
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

The arrays for each variable are on the language, right?

Read the first post
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

But what's $botSimpleAnswer for? xP.
- Shadows.

I won't make a guide for this version yet as I said, because the new version will have some bug fixes

(04-12-2009, 08:47 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: BUT! for 5 arrays (won't list them now) things work differently. You may want to try an entry of each user_words.php array in the shoutbox and see which answers the bot gives so you will know which array the bot uses for each user array

i know you said theres a new version coming out with fixes, but for the mean time could you give any hints at all to adding new arrays and what you meant by the 5 arrays working differently?

shouldnt this work fine for example:
&UserTime = array("What is the time", "What's the time");
and
&BotTime = array("Time you got a watch", "Time you looked down a bit, then to the right, what does that clock say there?");
with the main arrays at the bottom of each file updated with a new number, but it seems theres more to it than that.

any tips appreciated in the mean time before the update

This is a bit old actually and I haven't bothered to write anything about the bot besides what you can find in the first post.
It works like what you wrote but only with the existing arrays

i tried, don't work...

(12-28-2009, 01:13 AM)vhince Wrote: i tried, don't work...

It works because I've done to my website so I know it works, you probably did it wrong though.