Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

MyPlaza Bug: Negative Money

if we have one soon lol Smile but I prefer this time a free plugin for this new point system, so to encourage old myps plugin devs to not sell their plugins lol Smile
Andrew - NewPoints Plugin Developer

[Image: dragonanimated_446370.gif]

I don't really care if people make free or paid plugins Tongue
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

If you are looking for beta testers I would be interested too. Also, why exactly are you switching to Newpoints (just curious) because it seems really similar to MyPlaza. Is it just more efficient?

There are various reasons and some of them you wouldn't undersand as you are not developers.
Understanding someone else's code is not an easy task. As you may, MyPlaza was coded by ZiNgA BuRgA / Yumi for MyBb 1.2.x and I've ported it to MyBB 1.4.x and added some features as well as lot of modules.
However, understanding and porting the necessary code is not easy. There were hundreds of lines that needed to be recoded. And I'm sure there's still one here and there which hasn't been recoded although it was needed. It's not hard to find exactly what needs to be ported and what doesn't. And sometimes it's hard to understand what's written as we didn't code it so we must try to find the other person's logic and follow it which is not easy.
So I decided to write my own points system, less complex but still complex, more user friendly and developer friendly Smile
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

(09-13-2009, 03:57 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: There are various reasons and some of them you wouldn't undersand as you are not developers.
Understanding someone else's code is not an easy task. As you may, MyPlaza was coded by ZiNgA BuRgA / Yumi for MyBb 1.2.x and I've ported it to MyBB 1.4.x and added some features as well as lot of modules.
However, understanding and porting the necessary code is not easy. There were hundreds of lines that needed to be recoded. And I'm sure there's still one here and there which hasn't been recoded although it was needed. It's not hard to find exactly what needs to be ported and what doesn't. And sometimes it's hard to understand what's written as we didn't code it so we must try to find the other person's logic and follow it which is not easy.
So I decided to write my own points system, less complex but still complex, more user friendly and developer friendly Smile
I completely understand because I actually am a developer, but most of the work I do is with Wordpress- I only just started using mybb. I actually didn't know you had ported it from another plugin- but it makes sense.

Oh okay Tongue You should start making MyBB plugins too

(09-13-2009, 05:46 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Oh okay Tongue You should start making MyBB plugins too

Yea I might start up if I find some free time.

can't wait the Myplaza to NewPoints converter Big Grin
Heart

Do you mean the shop converter?

anything.. shop converter or even all..
including RPG :p

btw, how about the negative balance in MyPlaza? can you fix it?
Heart