Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Multiple Registrations Detector 1.0

Although everybody can see this section and its threads and posts, only subscribers can download attachments. Click here to subscribe.

Description
Detects multiple accounts based on registration IP and last login IP.

Note that both processes can be painful for large boards.
I've done some tests and a sub query is way more painful than this method.
By using a sub query it could take up to 30 seconds to detect multiple registrations on ConsoleWorld.net (more than 1300 users).
However, by using the method this plugin uses, it doesn't take over 0.3 seconds to detect multiple accounts.

Screenshots
[Image: admincp.th.png]

Download
Plugin is attached to this post.

If you find any bugs, please report them please.

Attached Files
.rar   Multiple Registrations Detector 1.0.rar (Size: 51.67 KB / Downloads: 85)
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

blank result on user more than 100,000 Wink
any time out query setting?

100k user?? awesome! Big Grin
Heart

(01-04-2010, 04:56 AM)Pasal Wrote: blank result on user more than 100,000 Wink
any time out query setting?

Could you please try to add set_time_limit(0); at the beginning of mad_admin() please?
If it doesn't work, it's your host stopping the query
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

I dont know, How this working Smile

Only add set_time_limit(0); at beginning mad_admin() function?
It tooks 5-10 minutes to display more 10.000 of same IP, mostly our ISP using dynamic IP
and finally only detect last login IP, not registration IP (still blank/timeout). Maybe too many query? :LOL:

for some purpose, Last Login IP is more useful to detect double account

100,000 is too heavy. It just runs one query but 100,000 rows is a lot. There's no way to do it per page without a goto. It's not good practice but it is the only way to do this with the "per page" thing to not timeout anything.
Takes 0,3 seconds on my 1,300 users board :/

works like a charm! kewl, Nervo!

btw, could you add "PM user" feature? So we could inform user that use the same IP.
Heart

(01-19-2010, 08:10 PM)habs Wrote: works like a charm! kewl, Nervo!

btw, could you add "PM user" feature? So we could inform user that use the same IP.

I don't think so as it's not really needed imo

How can i delete the detected users?

i press at RESET and nothing happens

:S
maybe it's a bug?

[Image: glas.png]

(01-22-2010, 06:45 AM)Glas Wrote: How can i delete the detected users?

i press at RESET and nothing happens

:S
maybe it's a bug?

Uhh you're not supposed to delete them from that page, this only detects multiple accounts