Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Is there a way to put current NewPoints on main newpoints page?

Like, when user visits http://www.example.com/newpoints.php (home menu basically) , Where it says " How do you earn points?" or anywhere around there, I want to put the user's current NewPoints that they have somewhere so they know how much they have instead of checking their usercp. Is this possible?
Join us!
[Image: rotate_images.php]

Edit the newpoints_home template and put the points code there (do a bit of seach and you'll find how to put the points + currency there)
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Okay, did the research, for anyone else that wants it:

Replace

<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->newpoints}</strong></td>

with

<td class="thead"><strong>Your {$lang->newpoints}: {$mybb->settings['newpoints_main_curprefix']}{$mybb->user['newpoints']}{$mybb->settings['newpoints_main_cursuffix']}</strong></td>
Join us!

Yeap that should work.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Okay, so I upgraded to NewPoints 1.8, and for some reason I can't find newpoints_home template, do you know where it is? Lol I managed to find it for 1.7, and now I upgraded to 1.8 and I just wanted to see where the _home template is just for curiosity (I already have the newpoints displaying at home page properly). But I'm just curious as to how I found the newpoints_home template for 1.7 and not for 1.8 since its not in ACP > Templates & Styles.
Join us!

Well you most likely deleted it. There's no code in 1.8 to delete any templates, it won't even run any code when you upgrade, you're just overwritting files, nothing else.

So where was newpoints_home template anyway? Wow, for some reason I can't find it...maybe its late and I just can't see right lol.
Join us!

(02-23-2011, 05:18 AM)zero_coke Wrote: So where was newpoints_home template anyway? Wow, for some reason I can't find it...maybe its late and I just can't see right lol.

It's in the global templates group, search for "newpoints_home" using the find functionality of your browser.

Ohh ok nevermind, I was looking at the Global Templates of my custom template and not the actual Global Templates in the main section. There's two global templates (one used by all templates and one used by all files within a specific template).

Thanks lol!
Join us!