Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Has there been an official announcement yet about MyBB1.6 and plugin issues?

A few months ago the "general buzz" was that 1.6 would be a really easy transition for plugins. Last week I saw some confusion on the main MyBB site about the same issue.

Has there been an official announcement yet about MyBB1.6 and plugin issues? and / or Any Beta testers (or PN) know the status?
Thanks.

EDIT:
Dennis posted this recently:
Quote:The beta allows plugin/modification authors to test their plugins/mods against a reasonably complete version of MyBB 1.6, in order to figure out most, if not all the changes required for 1.6 compatibility.

Forum admins can also participate in this process, but they should not expect the MyBB Group to support these plugins. It is up to the plugin/modification author whether they will support their plugins with the beta.
My new signature has not been created, yet. Angel

I'm not really sure of what has changed in the core since they haven't posted any information regarding that as far as I know.
However, I've tested a few plugins which have worked without any modifications (besides the compatibility version).
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

i think we should set up a new forum with all the plugins made by pirata nervo so far (even myplaza and unsupported ones)

to test 1 by 1
I offer myself to help with the testing
i would like if others common residents here like Svisy or Trinit give me a help
of course this will be done only with nervo's approve.

[Image: glas.png]

I'd prefer that you do not test unsupported plugins, I prefer to keep them on 1.4 since they are no longer supported.
Would be nice if you could test the others though. But since I'm the developer, I'll test all of them as soon as possible
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Oh ok,
Can you enable a new mybb install with all the plugins available?
Give me admin too
so i can create a forum structure to reporting bugs.

[Image: glas.png]

No, tests should be done on localhost

(05-26-2010, 11:29 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: No, tests should be done on localhost

Just seconding this. Use XAMPP to install a local apache host then install MyBB 1.6 on it. Much safer this way and you can test no matter what.

(05-26-2010, 03:26 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: ...I've tested a few plugins which have worked without any modifications (besides the compatibility version).

Great news
My new signature has not been created, yet. Angel