Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Error With Shop

Hello,

When I try to install/activate the shop plugin, I get this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1074 - Column length too big for column 'icon' (max = 255); use BLOB or TEXT instead
Query:
CREATE TABLE `mybb_newpoints_shop_categories` ( `cid` bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `description` TEXT NOT NULL default '', `visible` smallint(1) NOT NULL default '1', `icon` varchar(300) NOT NULL default '', `usergroups` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `disporder` int(5) NOT NULL default '0', `items` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `expanded` smallint(1) NOT NULL default '1', PRIMARY KEY (`cid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM

----

Any idea why the shop is unable to create the MySQL tables it needs? Any assistance is much appreciated - thanks!

-GGX

Which shop version are you using?
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

The basic version that comes with the stable release of NewPoints.

Is there anyway you could get the MyPlaza to be compatible with the new MyBB? My entire site uses it. We can't find any replacements, and our whole site THRIVES on the powerful MyPlaza shop. I don't need extra features - I'd just like it to be compatible with MyBB v1.6. Is this possible in any way?

-GGX

No, MyPlaza Turbo is no longer under development. It's NewPoints that's under development now. Its development is slower due to the lack of time I have nowadays but I just can't continue MP.

No Shop version comes with NewPoints. You must download the Shop separately so no idea where you got it from.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Well, then, I'm using the newest version of the Shop.
Also - I REALLY need MyPlaza. My site thrives on the powerful shop system which does NOT work on Newpoints. I NEED the MyCompany addon, and everything from MyPlaza. Not to mention, MyPlaza is incompatible with v1.6, and it's screwing up my site badly.

(10-18-2010, 05:00 AM)GGX Wrote: Well, then, I'm using the newest version of the Shop.
Also - I REALLY need MyPlaza. My site thrives on the powerful shop system which does NOT work on Newpoints. I NEED the MyCompany addon, and everything from MyPlaza. Not to mention, MyPlaza is incompatible with v1.6, and it's screwing up my site badly.

You're not using the latest version of the Shop since that query is trying to create a varchar field of 300 characters limit.

While the code in 1.4 is:
[code]
`icon` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
[7code]

As you can see, the limit here is 255.

Regarding MP, as I said above, it is no longer under development.