Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

DonationBar with VIP Membership plugins merged together.

Okay it seems to be working fine now. I'll have to test it again to confirm though
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Okay cool. So have you figured out how to run more than one paypal plugin at the same time? I mean, I can only put one IPN URL in my paypal settings so does that mean I have to turn off my donation bar plugin to use this? Because you need to specify the <plugin_name_here>_paypal.php address in paypal IPN settings so it can do the listening right.
Join us!
[Image: rotate_images.php]

Now that is a good question. If I recall correctly I have already explained this to you in the past. Each PayPal button form (on my plugins) has a hidden field which sets the notify_url which is the IPN URL for that application. So PayPal will "contact" that URL and not the one specified in the settings (or at least that's what I read on PayPal X Developer Network).

https://www.x.com/thread/38980

If you test it yourself with two plugins running (MyDownloads and Donation Bar for example), it should work fine if you have both installed because the notify_url field is different for each form.

Also, having a donation bar installed + subscriptions system is not very ethical, not sure if you get me Tongue
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Yeah I understand. I was just saying in general if I have two paypal plugins installed if this would work or not. I will remove the donationbar and put MyDownloads up of course. I'm not going to suck the life out of my users lol.

So with regards to the issue at hand:

I don't understand it fully. So you're saying that each one of your plugins has their own little "IPN_URL" that you already set yourself?

The x-developer website has this quote:

Quote:PS: to clarify something. You've probably enabled IPN in your profile and given the URL .... good. Think of that as your Default IPN script, so that in the absence of a "notify_url" element in a form, PayPal will go to the URL you specified in your profile. Some organizations are very secrurity conscious and do not want the world to know the path and name of a script that touches on their production / inventory database systems -- hence setting the location in your profile.

But how come is it that when I go into my paypal account IPN settings and type in something like my forum URL the donation bar doesn't work? Technically the URL you put into the plugin should override the one in the paypal account IPN settings according to x-developer expert. But now I have to put http://www.mysite.com/donationbar_paypal.php in my paypal account IPN settings for the donationbar plugin to properly update and to see who donated and stuff. Even though I still receive the money, somehow the donors don't get recorded into the "who donated" and I can't see anyone who's donated in ACP > donationbar area either. The money does come doh. Just no record of it on my forum.

So now I'm stuck. Technically as you've stated the URLs you coded into the plugins have their own IPN listener and should override the one in the paypal settings but maybe I'm doing something wrong but its not like that I have to actually put the IPN URL myself into paypal settings. That's why I was asking you how I'll be running this new subscriptions plugin because if the money comes and the user is not placed into the group then I'll have a problem lol.
Join us!
[Image: rotate_images.php]

notify_url does override the IPN URL setting. If you need support regarding Donation Bar you should ask for support in a different thread, not here.

I'm going to test this plugin with real money now. A week should be enough to fix any remaining bugs so you can expect a release pretty soon.

(02-28-2011, 02:17 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: I'm going to test this plugin with real money now. A week should be enough to fix any remaining bugs so you can expect a release pretty soon.

Many thanks.

Anyone interested in testing a 0.10 subscription ? I need someone to test it hehe.

Me. Smile

Only paid subscribers are accepted since this plugin will be for paid subscribers only.