Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Contest Creator 1.2

Although everybody can see this section and its threads and posts, only subscribers can download attachments. Click here to subscribe.

Version: 1.2.0

License Wrote:You are NOT authorized to share this plugin with ANYONE without my express permission.
You MUST NOT give credits to anyone besides me, Pirata Nervo.
You MUST NOT remove the license file or any conditions/rules that you may find in the included PHP files.
The author is NOT responsible for any damaged caused by this plugin.

By downloading/installing this module you agree with the conditions stated above.

Description
This plugin allows you to create contests from Admin CP.

It creates a thread automatically in a custom forum with the content you want whenever a contest is created.
Admin is notified via PM whenever a contest ends.

The lates contests are shown on the index page. (if you do not want to show the latest contests, set the setting 'X Latest Contests' to 0)

Changes since v1.1:
  • X Latest Contests(as well as in the browse contests page in Admin CP) table are ordered by contest id and not by date anymore
  • Added a edit function (note that the end date of the contest you're editing will not appear in the text field of the end date, this would make me search for a fix and at the moment I am really busy with other things)
  • End date is now added according to your board's settings. There's also a preview button to preview the date according to your board's date and time settings. Note that if you have DST enabled, do not count with the +1 hour as it does it automatically.
  • Added a new field into the contests table (thead id). And the contest name now links to the contest thread. You can edit the old contests and change the thread id.

Changes since v1.0:
  • Added _install and _uninstall functions.
  • Displays in the index page the X latest contests (contest name, winner and end date)
  • Added a setting which allows admins to set how many contests are displayed in the Latest Contests table.

Screenshots
[Image: admincpsettings.th.png]
Settings

[Image: admincpcreate.th.png]
Create a new contest

[Image: admincpcontests.th.png]
Browsing contests

[Image: forump.th.png]
Forum where contests have been created (There are only 2 in the database because I re-activated the plugin)

[Image: indexr.th.png]
Indexpage (Latest contests)

[Image: admincpedit.th.png]
Edit Contest

Admin CP - Contest Creator Settings
Thread Title Prefix:
  • When creating a contest, the thread name is Thread Title Prefix + Contest Name

Admin User ID
  • User ID of the Admin that is notified (via PM) of the ending of each contest.

Thread template
  • A thread template which is displayed by default in the text area on the create contest page.

X Latest Contests
  • How many contests are displayed in the index page (set to 0 if you don't want the table to be shown)

Admin CP - Contest Creator page (Tools & Maintenance -> Contest Creator)
(tabs)
[Contests] (browse all contests, set winners, edit contests)
[Create Contest] (create a new contest)

Installation
Upload the contents of the Upload folder to MyBB root and activate the plugin!

Upgrade
Upload the contents of the Upload folder to MyBB root. (do this first!)
To upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2 upload (to MyBB root) and run the upgrade script upgrade_10_12.php
To upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 upload (to MyBB root) and run the upgrade script upgrade_11_12.php
Delete it after running.

Attached Files
.rar   Contest Creator 1.2.rar (Size: 249.23 KB / Downloads: 146)
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Awesome! Downloading right now.
[Image: eternalwolfsig.php]

Is there a demo? I don't understood

A contest is a competition, this allows you to create competitions and manage them Smile
Thanks eternalwolf
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Looks nice, Hopefully I can get it sometime soon. Tongue

Updated to 1.1

Whats new/fixed in 1.1?

Check the main post Tongue
there's a list of new things

Updated to 1.2!

lol, whats new in 1.2 now? Tongue