Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

ChatBox

Can you add the following features to MyShoutBox?
-A ban command, ex: /ban <username>
-An unban command, ex: /unban <username>
-A mute command, ex: /mute <username>

I'm not adding any commands to the shoutbox. It's not a chat room from my point of view.

You can ban someone from the ACP - takes a bit more time than a command I know.
What should the mute do?
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

(09-07-2010, 11:39 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: I'm not adding any commands to the shoutbox. It's not a chat room from my point of view.

You can ban someone from the ACP - takes a bit more time than a command I know.
What should the mute do?
-How would I add it myself? I looked through the JavaScript file, and I was wondering how "/delete" becomes "deleted".
Code:
if (request.responseText == 'deleted') {
            ShoutBox.firstRun = 1;
            ShoutBox.lastID = 0;
            alert("Shouts deleted as requested.");
        }
-The mute should let the user see the shouts, but not let them shout.

(09-08-2010, 01:49 PM)dunlop03 Wrote: I assume that "Mute" stops the user from using the chatroom, or a user can decide if the want to put a certain member on mute , so that they cant see his/her chat posts.
Mute would preventing a user from shouting, but the user could still see the shouts of others.

I assume that "Mute" stops the user from using the chatroom, or a user can decide if the want to put a certain member on mute , so that they cant see his/her chat posts.

(09-08-2010, 01:49 PM)dunlop03 Wrote: I assume that "Mute" stops the user from using the chatroom, or a user can decide if the want to put a certain member on mute , so that they cant see his/her chat posts.

Oh that's definitely something I will not add.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

In a week i hope to submit my new version of the shoutbox to Pirata Nervo which will allow plugins and hopefully you can then write you own.