Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Changes in subscriptions

(06-16-2010, 07:58 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Not exactly, you got what you paid for. If you haven't used/downloaded any of my plugins, I'll refund you if you wish. I can confirm though if you have or haven't downloaded any of my plugins.
Yes I did get what I paid for and I did use the plugins and I have absolutely no regret for it and I never will.

I tought that 1.6 paid plugin (if they will be any) will need a separate subscription, since this is not the case I hope there will be some, since otherwise I really spent $5 on nothing (lifetime subscription), since I'm subscriber for less than a year (8 months).

A life time subscription is $10, not $5.
Anyway, I doubt there will be paid plugins for 1.6 on this website, probably only those who make use of PayPal to generate income to the administrator, like MyDownloads and a few others I'm making.

Other than that, I'll just give support to paid subscribers so those who haven't subscribed will not get support from me.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

So will you remove the ability to subscribe or you'll leave it for those who wish to have your support?

He said that 1.4 plugins will always be "paid plugins" so anyone who wants them will need to subscribe. So im pretty sure that the ability to subscribe will remain.

(06-17-2010, 03:44 AM)dunlop03 Wrote: He said that 1.4 plugins will always be "paid plugins" so anyone who wants them will need to subscribe. So im pretty sure that the ability to subscribe will remain.
Yes, but with arrival of 1.6, almost everyone will be using 1.6 and considering that Pirata will port also paid plugins to 1.6 which will become free, there will be less subscribers (in my opinion).

Yea there will be less subscribers for sure. But for anyone whos using 1.4 and needs plugins for it will need to subscribe.

Yes there will be of course.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

I've come to a final decision.

I will no longer release plugins with MyBB 1.4.x support.
All my plugins (compatible with MyBB 1.6.x) will be released for free unless they allow the administrator to generate income from his website, e.g., MyDownloads.

The plugins listed in the following post will be ported to MyBB 1.6.x:
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Ch...9#pid41539

Subscribers' privileges will be changed to:
* Access to MyBB 1.4.x paid plugins.
* Access to MyBB 1.6.x paid plugins.
* Support for all my plugins.
* General MyBB support.

Non subscribers will have the following previleges:
* Access to MyBB 1.4.x free plugins.
* Access to MyBB 1.6.x free plugins (nearly all my plugins except plugins which allow the admin to generate income, as mentioned above).

I will not give general support neither plugins support to non subscribers.

Priority support will be removed since free users no longer can get support.

These changes will be applied once MyBB 1.6.x is released.

(06-29-2010, 02:57 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: I've come to a final decision.

I will no longer release plugins with MyBB 1.4.x support.
All my plugins (compatible with MyBB 1.6.x) will be released for free unless they allow the administrator to generate income from his website, e.g., MyDownloads.

The plugins listed in the following post will be ported to MyBB 1.6.x:
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Ch...9#pid41539

Subscribers' privileges will be changed to:
* Access to MyBB 1.4.x paid plugins.
* Access to MyBB 1.6.x paid plugins.
* Support for all my plugins.
* General MyBB support.

Non subscribers will have the following previleges:
* Access to MyBB 1.4.x free plugins.
* Access to MyBB 1.6.x free plugins (nearly all my plugins except plugins which allow the admin to generate income, as mentioned above).

I will not give general support neither plugins support to non subscribers.

Priority support will be removed since free users no longer can get support.

These changes will be applied once MyBB 1.6.x is released.

Sleepy

[Image: glas.png]

(06-10-2010, 11:16 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Here's an update.

A possibility that I've been considering for a long time is to release all MyBB 1.6.x plugins for free, under GPL, but only give support to paid subscribers.
There's about 90% chance I'm going to do this even though there's another possibility which takes up the other 10%.

MyBB 1.4.x will remain paid because it would not be fair to subscribers to make them free when they paid for them.

Thank you,
PN

To be honest, I think this is a great idea. Free is always better.
[Image: screenshot20100728at238.png]
Join us today! Smile