Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Changes in subscriptions
#1

Update: my final decision can be found here http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Ch...9#pid41679

Hello everyone,

I'd like to announce that once MyBB 1.6 is released, there will be changes to the current subscriptions system. I am not going to disclose any information right now but I can just guarantee that all (current paid) MyBB 1.4.x plugins will remain paid, but the same does not apply to MyBB 1.6.x plugins (again, I'm not disclosing any information so do not ask any questions regarding this matter).
Before you say "I paid to get the plugins so they should remain paid forever", I'll answer "that's true and the plugins you paid for will remain paid forever - MyBB 1.4.x plugins".

I'd also like to say that not all plugins will be ported to MyBB 1.6, only the ones I find important, new plugins will be written and released (if they will be free or paid is not important right now).

What's important for you to know right now is that your current subscriber privileges/rights will change once MyBB 1.6 is out. More details will be given in the near future.

Thank you everyone,
PN
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.
Reply
#2

Will wait for more information =)

[Image: glas.png]
Reply
#3

Here's an update.

A possibility that I've been considering for a long time is to release all MyBB 1.6.x plugins for free, under GPL, but only give support to paid subscribers.
There's about 90% chance I'm going to do this even though there's another possibility which takes up the other 10%.

MyBB 1.4.x will remain paid because it would not be fair to subscribers to make them free when they paid for them.

Thank you,
PN
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.
Reply
#4

Here's a list of MyBB 1.4.x paid plugins that will be ported to MyBB 1.6.x (free or paid, I don't know yet):
  • MyDownloads - Done
  • Help Center
  • My Advertisements - Done
  • Quick Reply PM - Done
  • Attachment Downloads Log - Done
  • Multiple Registrations Detector - Done
  • Post Counter - Done
  • Coupon Codes Generator - Done
  • View Groups - Done
  • VIP Membership - Done
  • My Permissions - Done

I've started to port some of these already so once MyBB 1.6.x I'll release them.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.
Reply
#5

Your custom Plugin Checker is useful: Will that still work?
Thanks
My new signature has not been created, yet. Angel
Reply
#6

Yes, that might be the only paid plugin since it will be a feature for paid subscribers
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.
Reply
#7

When will you start porting plugin 1.4 to 1.6, Nervo?
Heart
Reply
#8

Like you said, seems little unfair to lifetime subscribers (like me), because we paid for all plugins for...well...lifetime. After 1.6 Gold is released we actually won't have any use of those plugins, unless we stay on 1.4.x . So basicly I personally "trowed" away $5 (weren't subscriptions a little more expensive that day? well, anyway), because I tought I'll get all plugins for a lifetime.

But I do understand you completely and your actions as well. I'm not complaining or anything, because I had a great use of the current plugins and I will accept any decision you make, without you having to forcing me to do it Tongue

One question and suggestion:
If you decide to release some "better" plugins for paid subscribers only (1.6), would we be able to download it or we would need another subscription, like 1.6 subscription?

Regards,
Svizy
Reply
#9

Im assuming all currently paid subscribers will be able to download the 1.6 plugins under their current subscription if they are released as a paid plugin.
Reply
#10

(06-16-2010, 01:00 PM)habs Wrote: When will you start porting plugin 1.4 to 1.6, Nervo?

I do not like to set dates.

(06-16-2010, 05:23 PM)Svizy Wrote: Like you said, seems little unfair to lifetime subscribers (like me), because we paid for all plugins for...well...lifetime. After 1.6 Gold is released we actually won't have any use of those plugins, unless we stay on 1.4.x . So basicly I personally "trowed" away $5 (weren't subscriptions a little more expensive that day? well, anyway), because I tought I'll get all plugins for a lifetime.

But I do understand you completely and your actions as well. I'm not complaining or anything, because I had a great use of the current plugins and I will accept any decision you make, without you having to forcing me to do it Tongue

One question and suggestion:
If you decide to release some "better" plugins for paid subscribers only (1.6), would we be able to download it or we would need another subscription, like 1.6 subscription?

Regards,
Svizy

Not exactly, you got what you paid for. If you haven't used/downloaded any of my plugins, I'll refund you if you wish. I can confirm though if you have or haven't downloaded any of my plugins.

I doubt those who subscribed 1 year ago thought about subscribing because of MyBB 1.6.x plugins (which is not even released (final version) one year later). Again, I'll refund anyone who hasn't downloaded neither used any of my plugins.

And no, subscriptions have always been the same except at the beginning which began at 3€ which is less than 5 USD, it was about 4USD that time if I remember right.

The subscription price will remain the same and you won't need to renew it if you have bought a life time subscription. In case you have bought a yearly subscription, you'll have to renew it (if you want) once it ends.

(06-16-2010, 07:31 PM)dunlop03 Wrote: Im assuming all currently paid subscribers will be able to download the 1.6 plugins under their current subscription if they are released as a paid plugin.

Yes.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)