Hello There, Guest! › Register

MySubscriptions 2.2 released.
Looking for a custom plugin for your site? Ask here for a quote.

Bank Plugin 1.2 - REPORT PROBLEMS HERE

I think I'll just re-write the entire thing create a task for this to simply grow the money based on the interest. Since the task will run on every hour, there won't be any problem, no matter if you reset your money back to 0 or increase it to 10000, each time it runs, the interest will grow based on the amount of money you have there - it will only grow if you have a positive amount in the bank though.

Should this fix the issues you reported or did I misunderstood the problem?
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Maybe it's good enough to avoid another re-write, PN. *EDIT below

(03-21-2011, 05:06 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: ...
Should this fix the issues you reported or did I misunderstood the problem?

*EDIT: I just re-read your post PN, please let me know if the info below make sense.
  • Would your re-write solve (or partially fix) the over-payments without 'cheating the user'? (details below)

#
To give a worthwhile test I need to understand exactly what it is supposed to do.

(For example)

2:10pm CST (only ~10 or 15 minutes after last deposit)
Money on hand: 1,209,980.20
Money in bank: 1,100,011.00

For most of the last hour I had only $10 in the bank; It paid interest based on the whole $1,000,000 Smile
If the interest period was once a day, or once a week, then the overpayment could get pretty large.
(ie. ! User is owed ~$1 gets paid $100,000 !)

• No one expects it to be "Enterprise-Level" financial system software.

Here's 3 possible suggestions:
1) It's fine the way it is (the Admin pays too much interest only some of the time)

2) Simply reset the bankmoney offset every time an existing "customer" makes a deposit (The user 'gets shorted' on a pending payment !!This will not work well if interest payments are (ie. once a week or once a month, the user get shorted pretty badly !!)

3) The best way (most complex)
3a) User makes deposit > Quickly calculate how much interest is due (variables = % of time passed since last payment [ie. 2 hours passed and interest is paid every 4 hours, so ~half the usual amout is paid] | $another_var = bank balance | current rate, etc)

3b) After the user gets paid the exactly correct interest amount (from 3a), now complete the fresh deposit and *reset* the bannkmoneyoffset, so extra payments are not made.

##
re: Part 3:
  • I'm not saying it needs to be that good, but am I explaining it clearly?

Nice plugin, thanks.

My new signature has not been created, yet. Angel

I don't understand what you mean by "| $another_var = bank balance | current rate, etc)".

I think 3) seems to be the best fix.

Thanks a lot for your help.
To download our paid plugins and receive support you must be a paid subscriber. Click here for more information.

Not intended to be "code" Oops...
More like...
$another_var = bank balance;
$still_another_var = current rate;
^^^
The variables needed to "Quickly calculate how much interest is due"
  • just extra info intended to confuse you Tongue

(03-22-2011, 05:00 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: I think 3) seems to be the best fix.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Great PN,
You are welcome Smile

My new signature has not been created, yet. Angel

What is bes, this on or the Bank 2.9 plug in?

MyPointsis just - awesome
Support PM's will be ignored. Exclamation
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread

@Seeker, thanks, I'll look into this once I find some free time. I definitely need to make this bug free.
@Sama34, Unfortunately I do not understand what you've just said.

(03-23-2011, 02:10 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: @Seeker, thanks, I'll look into this once I find some free time. I definitely need to make this bug free.
@Sama34, Unfortunately I do not understand what you've just said.

Yes, i see the reason >.>

There is another Bank plugin for mypoints right? That one is Bank 2.0 an this one is Back 1.2

What is the difference and which one is the best to use?

Thank you.
Support PM's will be ignored. Exclamation
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread

Bank 2.0 is not mine, it is based off mine but I am no the author.

Bank 1.2 is my plugin and I support it.

There are Loan settings in the settings, but I dont see a loan option avalible in the bank?
Also I dont know if your code is set up for this, but when I put intrest rate 5% per 0.05 hours (3minutes). I dont get any interest.

If it only supports intergers, maybe you should add some sort of validation, or note in the description.

Ive reset it to 2 hours and ill check later if its worked Big Grin
Again, nothing too bad but your trow colours arent alternate:
http://prntscr.com/1u012

Im getting fussy here Tongue

I'll look into those issues. Regarding the loan, you might be checking the other plugin's settings which is also a bank but not this one.